Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

***So riddle me this...***

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008 | 12:52 AM
T is for Towing not Turbo

Angry ***So riddle me this...***

So, I've noticed several threads lately that have disappeared from the NW section and get dumped in the racers lounge...the vodka one, the joke about the maryjane in the dude's firewood, the sensitivity training rant thread, and others too, these are just at the top of my head. Why is this? I mean, I know why, it's obvious, but wondering the reasoning behind it. I thought the purpose of the regional sections was to basically bs with local people, and if somebody wanted to share a joke or something with our friends (which most of us are friends on here), we could throw it up here for a laugh or whatever reason we so desire. Personally, this is the only section of this site I normally go on, just to see the goings-on of my local friends and what's happening, and share some random stuff occasionally. I don't see why if somebody posts a joke here to share, it has to get moved...I never go to the racers lounge. Anybody else here? Is what I'm saying making sense? If a thread is has it said about it "Moved to racers lounge. No HP gains from this.", does this mean that anything that doesn't involve more HP should be deleted? Should anything somebody wants to offer up for sale for a good deal for the local guys only be posted in the for sale section because it has nothing to do with more HP? There's a bunch of other hypotheticals and random examples, but I mean, WTF? I don't get it...please correct me if I'm wrong...

Brian

Last edited by silverbullet02; 04-13-2008 at 12:53 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-13-2008 | 01:24 AM
10 Second Club

I am with you man. I do not think I have EVER been in that area. If I wanted that I would go to bar.

It is starting to drive people away. Every time we have a get together talk of moving sites again comes up.

I personaly only go to a few areas and this is one of them. I have started going to other sites again looking for a new home.

It would be nice to stay here but it seems we are not welcome in our own area any more.
Old 04-13-2008 | 01:28 AM
Banned

I agree as well, even though I haven't met most of you guys yet. I never go to the racers lounge.

I think it's the power hungry moderator ****.
Old 04-13-2008 | 03:12 AM
9 Second Club

Maybe the mod responsible for this will "enlighten" us when he reads this. Personally I dont think I've ever opened a thread in this section with a "wtf, why is this posted here" thought in mind. I agree with you guys, this is for local guys to bs with each other. Why would anything get moved out of this section?
Old 04-13-2008 | 03:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It's bad here but you have no idea how much worse it is over on the SVT board with a certain ******* moderator.
Old 04-13-2008 | 10:23 AM
Pathological Modifier

I agree with you, This forum is for the NW guys. This is the place to BS with the local guys.

Ryan K.
Old 04-13-2008 | 11:11 AM
On The Tree

I am very interested as well. My post was one of the ones that disappeared. I cant say that I have ever looked in the racer's lounge, myself. I mean why would I? Everything that I am interested in happens here in the NW section.

As far as the post, if I wanted to everyone to see it would have posted it in other sections for all to view!
Old 04-13-2008 | 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree, my home page on both of my computers is set to the NW section of LS1tech. Unless I'm actively doing something on the corvette or on the engine in the truck and need to find some info I don't go many other places.
Old 04-13-2008 | 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Right, I don't get out as often as I like even thought the wife would like me out of the house.
This is where I keep up with stuff and attempt to talk ****.

I figure a regional forum, we could post pretty much any topic with in reason. Like I wouldn't post "Mike running around naked in the Yard PHOTOS!"....unless of course you asked me too.

Seriously I only go to some of the Tech areas, Automotive news(combat with the ricers ya know I love that) and this section, lately it is becoming crappy to see a thread just disappear.
Old 04-13-2008 | 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

I must say Brian, I am very confused by this as well. It seems to me that this board has become so politicaly correct that we cannot even post a harmless joke without it being removed. This is the section I spend 95% of my time on and I love to have a good laugh every now and again. I personally believe that as long as a post is not personally attacking anyone and is not completely obsene then it should stay in this section. RANT OVER!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2008 | 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

It really is bull **** that you can't put jokes and everything else. I know for a fact that there are alot of jokes in the Texas forum. Thats the only other section i really goto.

Well ryan is with us.... So AMY can you explain it????
Old 04-13-2008 | 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

I know I havent been around much with everything I have going on right now, but whats going on? I dont think I have seen a thread I considered "out of line". I can count on one hand the amount of threads I have locked in the NW forum since I got Tony to give us this section.
Old 04-13-2008 | 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I also notice that if you put links up to like a show or something it gets deleted & then you get the email or pm that you cant post links to sites that are not sponsors of this forum.

Well you know that is kind of BS in its self. If its a business thats something else but if its car club or something like that that doesnt make money then its just plain bs.
Old 04-13-2008 | 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Amy has some sort of Power trip going on. I honestly don't know how she ever became a Moderator and don't know how she gets away with the things she does. Go check some of her posts and you'll see what we're talking about.

For the rest of you, I know I said I was leaving, but all of my friends are here so it's a little hard till I can get adjusted to my new board
Old 04-13-2008 | 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Amy has some sort of Power trip going on. I honestly don't know how she ever became a Moderator and don't know how she gets away with the things she does. Go check some of her posts and you'll see what we're talking about.

For the rest of you, I know I said I was leaving, but all of my friends are here so it's a little hard till I can get adjusted to my new board

Yea but you have me & Ellis over there lol.
Old 04-13-2008 | 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
Yea but you have me & Ellis over there lol.
Yes, and Chris the owner is a Great guy at myls1.com
Old 04-13-2008 | 04:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Yes, and Chris the owner is a Great guy at myls1.com
I'll have to check it out
Old 04-13-2008 | 06:04 PM
11 Second Club

Ive been wondering this too.

If we are only suppose to post in here about our cars, what we are doing to them and so forth, this would be a pretty boring *** forum...
Old 04-13-2008 | 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am going to check it out.
I don't know what has happened here.
Old 04-13-2008 | 10:45 PM
Banned

Chris (99Blanco) and I had some heated discussions in this forum. We gave each other a little **** but I didn't think it was out of line enough to lock all the threads. I got an infraction from Amy.

Then someone followed me around like a puppy dog and gave me another infraction in the classified section for telling a guy that was complaining about a seller to try pm'ing him and quit whining pretty much. The infraction referenced a rule that said I was harrassing a seller, which I was in fact trying to help the seller. He was selling parts off MY old car.

It's kind of annoying really. I help people all the time and contribute what information I can. Then just because I like a little heated discussion now and again I get infractions (which I don't even know what they mean) and followed around like I'm on parole.

Quick Reply: ***So riddle me this...***