Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Overheating

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 01:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overheating

The last two days have been hot in Portland. Has anyone had any problem with their fbody overheating? I've noticed my car overheating these last couple of days and that's never happened before. I lived in GA for the last two years and my car never overheated in the Georgia heat.

I have plenty of antifreeze and I didn't notice any leaks. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:09 AM
TECH Regular

Not sure if my car is actually overheating, but my dummy temp gauge went over 210 for the first time ever today. I'm sure it didn't help that I was sitting in stop and go traffic in 90 degree weather. On top of that, my low coolant light came on so I got a little worried. Checked my coolant and it was full so I'm a little baffled.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:21 AM
Launching!

Same here; the gauge went over 210 for the first time ever and it gets a helluva lot hotter in Atlanta than in Portland. So I'm baffled too.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

210 is pretty normal, it has been 95 out the last couple of days. I think mine gets that high. You out and about today? I'd love to check out your ride, I just pulled mine out of the garage on Friday, looking for any excuse to drive it The wife always wants to ride in the vette cause...well its a vette and a convertible.

Quick Reply: Overheating