Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

5.0 Fox...Rev...BOOM!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.0 Fox...Rev...BOOM!!!

At work in Tacoma yesterday helping some customers....

Hear a V8 powered something fire up....

Hear that V8 something rev like a madman....

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't see where it was coming from, but another customer said there was smoke coming from the car....

I forgot about it until I left work 3 hours later....

White Fox body vert with blue racing stripes is chillin in the parking lot....

As I drive by I look over and underneath the car I see a big oil patch with engine internals sitting in it
Old 05-18-2008, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

D'oh!!!
Old 05-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Zoinks! I actually sell Ford engines as well..LOL
Old 05-18-2008, 02:11 PM
TECH Regular

Reminds of the track a couple weeks ago. We were in Bremerton and parked in the guest area just west of the burnout box. They had the streetsweeper and the tractor parked so that all I could see from my chair was the front end of the cars in the box and then could watch them roll out.
This very nice tubbed red 70 cuda is doing its burnout and im watching to see it roll out when it hits 2nd gear and puked a major amount of engine out the bottom. It was sort of surreal because I had the ultimate shot of it sitting down, low eyes affixed on it.
They pushed the car back and there was just so damn much engine on the ground it was crazy. I watched this guy go up and look at the mess and his expression said it all as he walked toward me. Was pretty easy to read his lips when he said WOW.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by turbo50
Reminds of the track a couple weeks ago. We were in Bremerton and parked in the guest area just west of the burnout box. They had the streetsweeper and the tractor parked so that all I could see from my chair was the front end of the cars in the box and then could watch them roll out.
This very nice tubbed red 70 cuda is doing its burnout and im watching to see it roll out when it hits 2nd gear and puked a major amount of engine out the bottom. It was sort of surreal because I had the ultimate shot of it sitting down, low eyes affixed on it.
They pushed the car back and there was just so damn much engine on the ground it was crazy. I watched this guy go up and look at the mess and his expression said it all as he walked toward me. Was pretty easy to read his lips when he said WOW.

Ya i know that guy. he's like a 19/20 yo kid. really good guy and awesome car. i heard about that and i felt really bad, his motor had like 20k plus into it. now he cant race for the rest of the season because of money. he was in first at pacific too. bummer
Old 05-20-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 67camarors
Ya i know that guy. he's like a 19/20 yo kid. really good guy and awesome car. i heard about that and i felt really bad, his motor had like 20k plus into it. now he cant race for the rest of the season because of money. he was in first at pacific too. bummer
Ah man that sucks, and I agree it is an awesome car.