Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Looking for a tuner.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 11:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a tuner.

I live in Mt. and I think I need a new tune. There is no one in Mt. that tunes. I've got a mail order tune from TSP, and Jason did a good job. My afr is 12.9 at wot, but things just don't seem to be running as smooth as they should be. So i'm considering taking a road trip to get a dyno tune, that is if there is a decent tuner within a reasonable distance. I did come over to Pasco to buy my TA. Please don't suggest getting my own software and tuning myself, as I am very computer illiterate, and I would be afraid of what I would do to my car.
Thanks
Old 05-21-2008, 11:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in your case i would see whats up with vince @ trifecta (i think thats his name?)
Old 05-22-2008, 05:33 AM
TECH Resident

you could always buy the tune software and have someone send you tune files
Old 05-22-2008, 08:50 AM
TECH Regular

If you are up for the drive, I would suggest tjwong on this board. He is located here in the Portland area and does alot of dyno tuning and is very good at it. Send him a PM if you are interested.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Depending on how far you want to travel you could stop in Spokane at Shelley's Performance Shop or get a hold of another local tuner in the area. Shelley's has a Dyno and tuning software and a great knowledgebase of guys that work there. I have a HPT but still learning the ropes, and after doing headers on the wife's TA the guy I took the car to for a tune already has it nailed down.

Can shoot me a PM if you need phone numbers or addresses.

If you want to go Seattle area Ellis (twofast4luv) would be the first one to look up from hearing other talk about him on the site. Tjwong is in the Portland area IIRC and also does great work. Others would know their numbers and I am sure could post them up if asked.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would highly recommend Vince @ Trifecta performance(sponsor) He did a great job on my street tune and dyno tune. His time spent working on the street tune got it driving great, and to my surprise he got another 165rwhp on the dyno out of it. His hand held GT tuner is also pretty sweet. Give him a call and ask a few questions.

Troy

Quick Reply: Looking for a tuner.