Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Finally!!! Po-Po doing what they should!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008 | 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

Default Finally!!! Po-Po doing what they should!!

About ******* time the oinkers did something worthwile!!

http://www.komonews.com/news/20656789.html

SEATTLE -- Even if you're going the speed limit it might not be enough to prevent you from getting a ticket if you're holding up traffic in the fast lane.

State troopers are on a mission to make sure the left lane on area freeways is used for its indented purpose: passing.

"We're doing 58, 59 miles an hour and they are just sitting there, traffic's passing them on the right hand side," Trooper Keith Leary said while pointing out a car in the left lane of Interstate 5. "That's exactly what we don't want to see happen."

The driver, Brasta Bonifcho, said he was surprised what he was doing was illegal.

"I didn't know that I really didn't know that," he said. "I am guilty no question about it."

Leary reminded Bonifcho that drivers need to stay in the right lanes unless they're passing another vehicle.

Everyone pulled over during Leary's patrol said they thought it wasn't a problem as long as they were going the speed limit. But the law says otherwise.

"It is a traffic infraction to drive continuously in the left lane of a multilane roadway when it impedes the flow of other traffic," the statute reads.

The reason for the law is to help keep traffic moving and to diffuse potential road rage situations.

"It just takes one thing to set them off," Leary said of frustrated drivers stuck behind slower moving vehicles. "If we can alleviate one of those things, maybe we can avoid an assault."

The State Patrol said several recent collisions caused by slow vehicles in the passing lane have prompted increased enforcement of the law along area interstates.

Drivers in the HOV lanes are exempt from the rule, but anyone else could be facing a $124 ticket.
Old 06-23-2008 | 12:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

They have been talking about doing that for a while now. And I will HAPPILY enforce it
Old 06-23-2008 | 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

WTF's up dude!! Where is your patrol area?
Old 06-23-2008 | 01:23 PM
On The Tree

I finally won the arguement with my wife!!!!!!! Of course I am not allowed to gloat in front of her..........

Old 06-23-2008 | 01:24 PM
TECH Junkie

jesus....ABOUT TIME. i cant say how MAD i get when i end up getting behind someone on the freeway thats going UNDER the speed limit..ESPECIALLY IN THE LEFT LANE! There so right about the road rage.
Seattle drivers, in the "down town" area, have got to be some of the most clue less drivers in the Nation. I say it all the time, i know, but its so DAMN true. Sometimes i cant help but watch people try and merge on the free way going 20 miles an hour slower then traffic..its funny stuff...dangerous, but quite entertaining... gotta love the turn signal on a good 45 seconds before they actually change lanes....ok enough of my rant..
Old 06-23-2008 | 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Been doing that in Illinois for years...
Old 06-23-2008 | 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
jesus....ABOUT TIME. Seattle drivers, in the "down town" area, have got to be some of the most clue less drivers in the Nation. I say it all the time, i know, but its so DAMN true. Sometimes i cant help but watch people try and merge on the free way going 20 miles an hour slower then traffic..
Yesterday I drove from Wendover, NV to Boise, ID. And everytime there was an issue with traffic, even out in the midle of freaking nowhere, it ALWAYS came down to a Washington driver thinking they owned the freaking road. It was rediculous.
Old 06-23-2008 | 01:32 PM
TECH Junkie

lol...i dont think i own the road, i just know i drive better then 90% of the idiots on the road that are clueless. Not screwing up the flow of traffic is pretty straight foward to me
Old 06-23-2008 | 01:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

its pretty sad. Most people around here put on horse blinders when they drive. Its like they pretend that no one else is around them. You average car enthusiast tend to pay much more attention to what they are doing than the average joe.
Old 06-23-2008 | 01:37 PM
Launching!

Please Please Please Bring This Law To Mn!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2008 | 01:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
its pretty sad. Most people around here put on horse blinders when they drive. Its like they pretend that no one else is around them. You average car enthusiast tend to pay much more attention to what they are doing than the average joe.
i hope your not implying that i think i "own the road"....and my name is Joe, and im pretty average
Old 06-23-2008 | 01:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
jesus....ABOUT TIME. i cant say how MAD i get when i end up getting behind someone on the freeway thats going UNDER the speed limit..ESPECIALLY IN THE LEFT LANE! There so right about the road rage.
Seattle drivers, in the "down town" area, have got to be some of the most clue less drivers in the Nation. I say it all the time, i know, but its so DAMN true. Sometimes i cant help but watch people try and merge on the free way going 20 miles an hour slower then traffic..its funny stuff...dangerous, but quite entertaining... gotta love the turn signal on a good 45 seconds before they actually change lanes....ok enough of my rant..
I totally agree, the ****** morons on the I-5 corridor into downtown are the most clueless idiots walking the planet.

Rules of the seattle morons:

Come to a complete stop on the freeway with your turn signal on if you need to change lanes.

Try to merge into 60mph traffic going 20mph, ending up coming to a complete stop in the merge lane.

Do your homework, shave, put on your make up, read a book, text message on your device of choice, chat away totally clueless to all around you. All while sitting in the fast lane doing 50mph at best.

Gather with all your other clueless morons and block all 3 lanes of traffic so nobody can get past you single digit IQ dipshits.

Look totally confused and irritated when you get the bird for being a total ********.
Old 06-23-2008 | 02:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh and dont forget guys.

As of July 1st, if an officer sees you talking on your cell phone without the aid of a hands free device, it is now a primary offense and you can be pulled over and ticketed for it.
Old 06-23-2008 | 03:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Rokko
I totally agree, the ****** morons on the I-5 corridor into downtown are the most clueless idiots walking the planet.

Come to a complete stop on the freeway with your turn signal on if you need to change lanes.

Try to merge into 60mph traffic going 20mph, ending up coming to a complete stop in the merge lane.

Do your homework, shave, put on your make up, read a book, text message on your device of choice, chat away totally clueless to all around you. All while sitting in the fast lane doing 50mph at best.

Gather with all your other clueless morons and block all 3 lanes of traffic so nobody can get past you single digit IQ dipshits.

Look totally confused and irritated when you get the bird for being a total ********.
HAHAHAH ITS SOOOO TRUE!!!
Old 06-23-2008 | 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh and dont forget guys.

As of July 1st, if an officer sees you talking on your cell phone without the aid of a hands free device, it is now a primary offense and you can be pulled over and ticketed for it.
Good!
Old 06-23-2008 | 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rokko

Heading downtown yesterday. Come up on a woman in the left lane doing about 57 mph. Flashed her with the lights. She points to go around her to the right. I go around to the left in the carpool lane--had an SUV full of family members from out of town. I got to mouth some words to her as she looked at me like I was the offending her. Unfortunately we're all too used to these fools. Can't wait to see the State Patrol get busy with these people. Talk about revenue potential. If they give all of these people tickets, the gas taxes can go away in Wash St.
Old 06-24-2008 | 12:39 AM
Launching!

Koooo kooo koo Getem' Roscoe
Old 06-24-2008 | 01:04 AM
Banned

I lived in WA for 4 years, the worst drivers I have ever seen. They don't think there is a fast lane. Both lanes are the same to most of them.
Old 06-24-2008 | 01:20 AM
TECH Addict

It's posted on most interstates in the seattle area to keep right except to pass. It is also posted in places that impeeding the progress of 5 or more cars is illegal. I have been on the verge of RR many times on the motorcycle when getting behind people that will actually see me coming and slow down to well under the speed limit and box me in so I can't go around on the (legal) left or (illegal) right.
Old 06-24-2008 | 01:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

About ******* time!!

Quick Reply: Finally!!! Po-Po doing what they should!!