Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Interesting night part 3

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008 | 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

Default Interesting night part 3

Though not necessarily as in depth as everyone else's night, but took the Nova out for the first time. Building boost on the line didn't seem to be a problem, When I let go of the button, I had 8 psi, however as it turns out the delay box was wired, it wasn't right, because, while the delay box timed down, the launch chip that should always be on while its on the T-Brake turned off letting all the fury fly, building 18psi, driving through the converter to 6800 rpms, smoking the reverse gear clutch pack, and so the car rolled through the transbrake before it it was released after a quick pedal 23psi and tire smoke ensued.

So much for tuning it down for the first pass. I think I need new wastegates, or at the very minimum lighter springs. This all just on the springs in the gates, no C02 Boost controller

Have 2 trannies I'm sure are better units then the one in the car.... Just need to figure out which one to go with. 2000hp Glide, or 3000hp Ultralite 400....

The car does a bitchin burnout though!
Old 06-28-2008 | 01:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

That's too bad, we were looking for the 8.xx pass.
Robert
Old 06-28-2008 | 02:04 PM
10 Second Club

Damn Kurtis! Way to break stuff first time ut

Put the glide in it and give me the TH400
Old 06-28-2008 | 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

Ellis, I consider you a friend, but not THAT good of a friend! You'd have to be a whole lot prettier and do me a whole lot of favors for a givt like that!

Probably am just going to use the glide though, ince the car is already setup for the glide, and I'd have to gt a new driveshaft, redo the mount, etc. The glide *should* work just fine.
Old 06-28-2008 | 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

Robert, 8s should be a walk in the park. Mid 7s are the end goal (on a well prepped track).
Old 06-28-2008 | 11:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by KTamez
Robert, 8s should be a walk in the park. Mid 7s are the end goal (on a well prepped track).

Good luck on that one!
Old 06-30-2008 | 09:21 AM
TECH Regular

Kurtis - Is that "Street Legal"??? Just curious. I was just at Boise this weekend at the Street Machine Shootout that they have every year. The unlimited class has only had 3 or 4 cars in it the last few years. A couple of my friends are always in it that have 3rd gen Camaro's running high 8's. The one that won it ran a 8.64 in the 100+ heat this weekend.

For what it is worth, I runnered up in the quick 8 street bike because they were hot lapping us and I was over 220* and the bike died coming out of the water box in the final and wouldn't restart, so I had to sit and watch the final from the starting line.
Old 06-30-2008 | 10:11 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Rockin C Racing
Kurtis - Is that "Street Legal"??? Just curious. I was just at Boise this weekend at the Street Machine Shootout that they have every year. The unlimited class has only had 3 or 4 cars in it the last few years. A couple of my friends are always in it that have 3rd gen Camaro's running high 8's. The one that won it ran a 8.64 in the 100+ heat this weekend.
It *is* street legal, tagged, headlights, taillights, all steel, all factory real glass windows, etc, minus the 33x10.5W tire thats on the car isn't a DOT Tire. I had someone else I know over there tell me to come, but it'd be tough to make a trip like that with an all new car and setup. Next season I may very likely go. Boise is definitely my favorite track in the Northwest.
Old 06-30-2008 | 12:44 PM
TECH Regular

I completely understand not wanting to take a "new" car. I was a bit nervous myself with putting a new bullet in my bike and only getting 3 1/8 mile shake down passes on it before going. I agree that Boise has to be my favorite track in the NW. Always treated very good there.