Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

F-bodies and kids...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F-bodies and kids...

So how many people here have two kids and there second car is an F-body?
Old 07-08-2008, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

I have three kids, My second car is a z28, and the third is an SS.... ha ha ha. Beat that one... I have traveled many times down to poulsbo in my z28 on fats and skinnys with all three kids piled in the car. Fun times, let me tell ya...
Old 07-08-2008, 11:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats Mike!!!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:17 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I hauled my infant son in my SS for a while and then the both of them in car seats as well. Its not an issue until you put a 3rd person in the front passenger seat due to the infant seats having to be rear facing. It makes you move the passenger seat all the way foward. We used the Graco plug and play system where you have a docking station that is mounted and you transport the kid in a car seat that you carry around and snap into place. The base station is seat belted so you dont need to deal with that aspect of it.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have 2 kids and my problem is they both like to DRIVE my car. I made them get it sideways a couple times on a wet road before I let them go without me in the car.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:30 AM
10 Second Club

Guys you are missing it....

......Mike only HAS one child
Old 07-09-2008, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Congratulations Mike! I'm sure you'll figure out how to fit them in there
Old 07-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Guys you are missing it....

......Mike only HAS one child
LOL this is with one child:

you and me and baby makes three

I hauled my infant son in my SS for a while and then the both of them in car seats as well. Its not an issue until you put a 3rd person in the front passenger seat due to the infant seats having to be rear facing. It makes you move the passenger seat all the way foward. We used the Graco plug and play system where you have a docking station that is mounted and you transport the kid in a car seat that you carry around and snap into place. The base station is seat belted so you dont need to deal with that aspect of it.
What that means is the child is in the rear location behind the passenger seat unless you drive with your seat all the way forward and straight up with no recline all the time anyway. If a third person like and adult passenger gets in the ca (the third person) they will be in a seat all the way foward with no recline. If yout not real big to begin with this is not an issue. BUT if your not small of stature it can present some challenges for comfort. Having been there and done that I can speak direct from experience... first we had one baby then we had another.. twins would have been not good in the camaro... due to the rear facing car seats by law.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 07-09-2008 at 12:54 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't have any kids or a backseat. So the corvette is probably going bye bye in the not too distant future

Luckily the Hot rod pickup I'm building is going to have a center console/seat that should hold 1 kids seat.

There is a reason my wife is pimping around in a crew cab.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ackattack1
I don't have any kids or a backseat. So the corvette is probably going bye bye in the not too distant future

Luckily the Hot rod pickup I'm building is going to have a center console/seat that should hold 1 kids seat.

There is a reason my wife is pimping around in a crew cab.
DAMN!! YOU TWO!!

Must be some thing in the water over there
Old 07-09-2008, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well we are going to adopt one. I am just trying to get everything squared away before we do it. We took all the classes. Now we just wait 90 days.
We were going to do another on our own but decided that the first pregnacy sucked, so ready made is the way to go.
The practice is always nice though.

I was looking at a Grand Prix GXP as a replacement it is what I can afford right now. I LOVE the WS6, but it is just not practicle with two kids and I have to get them from day care daily and I don't want to drive the big block truck everyday.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:43 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by My1st Truck
Well we are going to adopt one. I am just trying to get everything squared away before we do it. We took all the classes. Now we just wait 90 days.
We were going to do another on our own but decided that the first pregnacy sucked, so ready made is the way to go.

I was looking at a Grand Prix GXP as a replacement it is what I can afford right now. I LOVE the WS6, but it is just not practicle with two kids and I have to get them from day care daily and I don't want to drive the big block truck everyday.
SO Steal the EQ! To much good stuff in the TA to get ridd of man
Old 07-09-2008, 01:53 AM
Banned

A good compromise is a used impala..LOL, cheap, decent fas mileage and because its cheap you can keep your car. Or for less money pick up a used Hyundai for less than 1k to haul the kids in. There are alternatives. 4 door hundis are a dime a dozen, I got mine for $600 with 185,000 on it and it runs strong. The wife has her car, I have mine and I have a beater to haul the kids in. No car payment either is the big plus. Best of luck!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by My1st Truck

cool cool....

just go for it and get a G8 !!!!!

I'll trade you my bronco for the WS6, it's got a V8 and a back seat,
what else do you need?
Old 07-09-2008, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have two kids & own 3 camaros, 2 corvettes, a buick & a truck.

My daughter hasnt known a diff car since shortly after she was born. When we bought the 95.

car seats fit ok in the back.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:19 PM
11 Second Club

Thats cool dude. Nothing wrong with adoption. I was adopted when I was 2.5... Best thing to ever happen to me.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

woa! thats crazy....lane!

I went to middle school with a "brother" and "sister" who were both adopted! cool beans! its not like its uncommon. congrats though!
Old 07-09-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks all! My dad was adopted as well. Good way to have a child if you want and are having trouble the old fashioned way or just don't want to go through pregnancy.

The Trans Am has lots of goodies and I would hate to see it go. I really love it!
However priorities change, I would rather give some kid a chance then have a Cam and
N20, although I am pretty certain the LS4 would respond well to mods...

And Russ, stop pawing the damn Ford off on me
Old 07-09-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

G8 would be a great car.

Congrats on the adoption option, that is awesome.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't give up the car Mike. I have 3 daughters that I haul around in my Z. Been that way for the last 8 years. My Z was our second car until the last year or so when I've scored a couple Jeep Cherokees for cheap prices. Owning and maintaining 4 vehicles and a motorcycle sucks sometimes, but I don't know what I'd do without them all now, LOL.

Quick Reply: F-bodies and kids...