Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Any Locals On Nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any Locals On Nitrous?

Im thinkin bout runnin a dry kit set up.... wondering if any one would take me for a ride/show me their set up... ill meet you wherever and throw in a couple bucks cause i know that ***** expensive lol...
Old 07-18-2008, 12:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

what is this Nitrous you speak of.

I hear Robert can blow any thing up on it

Then this other guy with an Old car keep whoopin' his butt
Old 07-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Staging Lane

lol i have been thinking about going that route as well lately. just trying to decide on what set-up to get. should be fun if we both get it around the same time.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:07 AM
TECH Addict

100 shot NX halo with a Speed Secrets tune here.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:10 AM
10 Second Club

There are a few Cars on juice around. It can be very safe if done well. If you push the envelope like some of us parts will be broken. Not maybe, they WILL be. Restraint is the key.

I give Robert alot of crap but that is just who we are He has the glory of having the biggest melt down. I pushed a head gasket out the back of the engine my self. One hole went lean and it was over. every plug was perfect save the one that was hurt.

Over all I have been known to put six bottles through my car in one weekend and would have pushed more if there was more racing

If any thing it is always a blast
Old 07-18-2008, 06:28 AM
Launching!

I used to run a huge single stage and then a big two stage shot for years before going twin turbo. I never hurt anything on this motor. I hurt a lot of crap on weaker rotating assembly motors because of greediness (It's so easy to jet up!). I love nitrous for it's simplicity and bang for the buck. I switched to boost because it was getting expensive with the amount I was spraying and the closest place for me to fill up was a three hour round trip.

Like it was said, use restraint and it's a great product.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

come to seattle ill give you a ride in my pos.. that is if i can get the tranny back in
Old 07-19-2008, 03:18 AM
Staging Lane

What is the price per pound for nitrous? Any places close to Monroe that sell it?
Old 07-19-2008, 04:00 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by potac
What is the price per pound for nitrous? Any places close to Monroe that sell it?
The best place that I've found is Action Auto Parts in Lynnwood. Last time I bought there it was 'only' $3.99 a pound.

Does anyone want to start a "Club" in the north end? It might mean some sort of annual dues and discounts for juice.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:14 AM
10 Second Club

We also get it in Snohomish at Car Quest in front of Killer Paint for $4 a pound. Cory always has Three mother bottles on hand. Last time I was there we tapped a new one and I emptied it
Old 07-19-2008, 12:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the kind words Ellis, lol. I did save a picture of your reusable plugs you spoke on.

Seriously, a few guys wanted to get together and see some new products in action, however, i just haven't had the time, soon though. i am trying to come back here a sponsor, but currently my new home base for the spray is at a small dedicated forum, nitrousforum.com I invite you all to come over and join up. it's not big like tech but it's really relaxed. I will give you a ride when my car pulls out of the garage, maybe this weekend. But I don't want to hear, OK that's enough let me out, lol. If you have any particular questions just ask away, myself or Ellis would be more than happy, along with others of course, to help if possible. Dry is a good choice on the EFI/LSx platform and can work very well. there are some new kits and products on the market that make dry easy for anyone with repeatable results day to day. Not as quirky as the old kits where/are.
Robert
Old 07-20-2008, 12:05 AM
TECH Junkie

go wet

brads custom auto in lake city refills nitrous...

Quick Reply: Any Locals On Nitrous?