Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some nice cars. Judging was a F'n joke in some classes tho

Old 08-31-2009, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SiC-LS1
Some nice cars. Judging was a F'n joke in some classes tho

A lot of classes have judging quirks---make some adjustments and try another class.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What classes were a joke? What class were you in? Did the Dragon car win again?
Old 08-31-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will say that i saw something really funny in 93-97 stock. there was a 95 formual 'vert with a WS6 hood and SLP airbox in there. he was in the modified class with me last year after i got them to take me out of heavy custom. Here are a few of my pics starting with my trophy shot I'm still shocked that i took second place in 93-97 modified. I'm in the process of uploading about 380 pics to photobucket

the rest (approx 380 once they are all uploaded) can be seen here
http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...ionals%202009/

Last edited by 1995blacktattop; 08-31-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Had a great time!! wife loved the Hotel so did I hope they keep it there from here on out.
Was great weather after the rain on friday.
Always good seeing friends and meeting new ones.
My car always looks its best at the show. 2 days of cleaning helps a lot.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bird Man
A lot of classes have judging quirks---make some adjustments and try another class.

No changes could be made for the one class that I saw had a "quirk". I am not one to bash the judging because it is subjective but it seems like if you are in the class that has above 10 changes the judges are looking for the most outlandish car instead of a car that has the same number of changes and is tastefully done. If the changes you have made to the car instantly reduces the value of the vehicle by 90% then that should be way behind the car that has the same number of changes even if they are suttle and the cars looks sweet and is something the majority of us would like to own. I am not calling out any classes or winners but I think we all know what class we are speaking of. All I can say is I am glad I am not in those classes with a lot of changes.

Again just some constructive critisim, my 2 cents, my thoughts. Anyone that would change their car to fit into a class is kind of lame, I think most of us like to drive our cars and can really care less what class we are in, just want some common sense judging....say to yourself would I like to own this car because these changes were made and it made the car look better.

Ahh screw it...it really doesn't matter in the end it is just a piece of hardware thrown in the corner of the garage taking up space. What ever someone wants to do their car that is great and if they win so be it.

I had a good time, I liked the new location. It was great meeting some of you guys and overall the weekend and weather was great. It was a first for me at Tipp City I will for sure do that again. My winners circle award is really nice and the show was run great by the organizers.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did that really nice custom black 67-69, sorry dont know the year, win anything? I think he was in winners circle so he would got that award but I cant remember if he got any more or not.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
I will say that i saw something really funny in 93-97 stock. there was a 95 formual 'vert with a WS6 hood and SLP airbox in there. he was in the modified class with me last year after i got them to take me out of heavy custom. Here are a few of my pics starting with my trophy shot I'm still shocked that i took second place in 93-97 modified. I'm in the process of uploading about 380 pics to photobucket

the rest (approx 380 once they are all uploaded) can be seen here
http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...ionals%202009/
You have a real nice car dont be surprised.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:32 PM
11 Second Club

02SOMLS!WS6 love your car. Clean and Tasteful. I wish thats the route i would have went with mine. Nice wheels fairly stock and just fun to have and drive. I wish my car wasnt so far from stock. Actually been thinking about selling it and getting another stock car. But selling a car with Mods is all but impossible.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SweeTbone
Originally Posted by QuickSilver
One of the best looking cars there. Love the color and the wheels.
Thanks. Although in Tipp City nearly everyone who looked close at it came up and asked me two questions. "Is this a factory color?" and "Are those factory rims?". Eventually I went and got a Sharpie and wrote on my namecard with my make and model "Yes, this is a factory color with factory rims." People still came and asked. There was only one other MRM TA there and NOBODY else had the rims.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

02SOMLS!WS6 love your car. Clean and Tasteful. I wish thats the route i would have went with mine. Nice wheels fairly stock and just fun to have and drive. I wish my car wasnt so far from stock. Actually been thinking about selling it and getting another stock car. But selling a car with Mods is all but impossible.
QuickSilver your car looks great and isn't over top at all. I believe yours is more of a driver than mine so I dont know how you keep it looking so nice. My car sees between 2000 and 3500 miles a year depending on if I have done a power tour or some other long cruise with friends. You deserve the trophy you got, but I dont envy you or those in your class that is a tough one to win and everyone has their opinion on what looks good. Those classes where anything and everything goes is crazy, I respect the time and money you all have in your cars. I am with you though if I was a car show only guy I would have to find a way to get out of that one. I am lucky because the changes I have made is what I wanted to do and keeps me in a sane car show class so I am lucky. Now when I get the blower on it then I will be with the power adder guys. I wish non-car show type stuff didn't kick you out of the class unless it was made very car show like (chrome and such), I like my class and hanging out with the few guys I talk to each year.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SweeTbone
Thanks. Although in Tipp City nearly everyone who looked close at it came up and asked me two questions. "Is this a factory color?" and "Are those factory rims?". Eventually I went and got a Sharpie and wrote on my namecard with my make and model "Yes, this is a factory color with factory rims." People still came and asked. There was only one other MRM TA there and NOBODY else had the rims.
I bet you get that a lot with the color and wheels. Usually there is a pewter WS6 in my class that has those wheels but I didn't see him this year.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02SOMLS1WS6
QuickSilver your car looks great and isn't over top at all. I believe yours is more of a driver than mine so I dont know how you keep it looking so nice. My car sees between 2000 and 3500 miles a year depending on if I have done a power tour or some other long cruise with friends. You deserve the trophy you got, but I dont envy you or those in your class that is a tough one to win and everyone has their opinion on what looks good. Those classes where anything and everything goes is crazy, I respect the time and money you all have in your cars. I am with you though if I was a car show only guy I would have to find a way to get out of that one. I am lucky because the changes I have made is what I wanted to do and keeps me in a sane car show class so I am lucky. Now when I get the blower on it then I will be with the power adder guys. I wish non-car show type stuff didn't kick you out of the class unless it was made very car show like (chrome and such), I like my class and hanging out with the few guys I talk to each year.
I think you may have me mixed up with someone else. I didnt have My car this year, had some trans issues. I drove a friends 183k miles daily driver down.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you may have me mixed up with someone else. I didnt have My car this year, had some trans issues. I drove a friends 183k miles daily driver down.
Ya your right I was thinking of the guy with the silver TA in custom 98-02 (I think)...I read silver in your name and thought of that car. 183K wow thats impressive, what year?
Old 08-31-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have a real nice car dont be surprised.
thanks

i guess i was suprised because i don't really have a low mileage car (it had 126,010 at judging time) but then again i do know it is in very good shape for its age/mileage. Southern cars FTW. I was showing some of the stuff i have in the glove box to someone next to me at tipp city. i should frame or laminate the invoice i found in the car a few months ago showing its very first oil change. 3194 miles march 24, 1995 and it cost them $37.xx I guess dealerships charge more in hawaii.

I got some at tipp city, here's the first one. i'm uploading the second as i type this. i think i have 4 or 5 but only a couple are more than 30 seconds or so. One cool thing about Video 1 i just noticed is that it was shot at exactly 4:00. you can hear the bell ring 4 times in the background

Video 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeAEXFGF2LY

Video 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sz0HNm5LdE
Video 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ucuZEYXDjY

Video 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo_QCflhsL4

Last edited by 1995blacktattop; 08-31-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

Thats cool you got the clock ringing... any video of my car driving? lol there was some women filming us on the freeway in an older TA but I couldn't find her to get a copy.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:01 AM
Staging Lane

I noticed a few people video taping when I pulled in but, can't find anything.

First time I was able to make it to the nationals and had a good time overall. Tipp City was a good time too.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ya your right I was thinking of the guy with the silver TA in custom 98-02 (I think)...I read silver in your name and thought of that car. 183K wow thats impressive, what year?

Thats me---that is a crazy class to be in.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 95TAGary
What classes were a joke? What class were you in? Did the Dragon car win again?

Originally Posted by Gold-Member

Old 09-01-2009, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SiC-LS1

Quick Reply: 2009 Trans Am Nationals in Dayton, Ohio