Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

TRUE STREET will be 4-WIDE at ZMAX

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 02:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRUE STREET will be 4-WIDE at ZMAX

That's right guys the Tremec Transmissions True Street class will be running 4-wide at the Inaugural Nitto Tires NMCA/NMRA All Star Nationals August 6-9 at Zmax Dragway in Charlotte NC. This will be the 1st time all 4 lanes will be used in "REAL" competition. Make your plans now to attend it should be a real exciting time. True Street will be the only class running in all 4 lanes.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:51 PM
7 Second Club

Sweet! I put mufflers on my car so I could qualify for this class!
Old 08-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Banned

It's Wednesday August 12th. isn't it? So, did anyone go to this event? Does anyone remember anything? Would anyone like to post some pictures and or results?

Columbus Corvette guy. I think I've seen vidios of your ride. Or I've seen you run at National Trail or Kil Kare. Nice car!!

It's really sad when folks post upcoming events - people read - seldom ever post any comments.

It's almost like many of us are talking to a bunch of Zombies.

You're welcome
Old 08-12-2009, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think everyone willl agree with me on this, It was hot. The event was a very hot event - temp's were in the high 90's to low 100's.

Track was slick mid to late int he day due to the heat. Twent nine vehicles were in the pits for the Index and the Quick 8. First round of Index had 22 vehicles. I lost first round of index with a -.017 light and ran 11.508 on a 11.50 dial. Due to loosing first round, I was asked if I would race in the quick 8. My reply was NOPE, going home. The car was loaded and I was ready to leave. Then after thinking about receiving $250.00 for staging if I was selected as an alternate. Now I need to wait to see if anyone will back out or break. Then I get the news that a driver did not return to the track from Saturday. I am in the show ($250.00). Cool, it was worth waiting. Now I am thinking how am I going to go rounds against quicker vehicles. Luckly I had a Challenger that was not running the number. Round 1 I win. Yeah. Round 2 I have Steve in his silver NOS Camaro that can go 11.00's. Well I need ot drill the tree and try to win this on the tree. Sure enough, I heard the announcer say that the race was won on a whole shot. Now into the finals against a 10.16 white Trans Am. No hope for me. I am running all motor without any help from a power adder. Needless to say I lost. I hit the .400 tree with a .080 but that was not going to give me much on the top end. I think it was 10.18 to 11.20 in the final. Not bad when I thought the day was over.

I am only able to write about what I went through and who I raced. I am sure others will add to this. I was not much of a spectator, more of a racer.

Great event but very hot and humid.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Banned

Thanks for the reply. How was the track prep? So often, these private track rental events. They drag the track early in the even and that's it. No one can control the weather. It's HOT in NC in the summer. Poor track conditions - another story. That's not right, it's not fair. I think these event organizers need to address track issues.

At any rate, thanks for the feed back. It's a nice track. Everyone should walk away with the attitude they can't wait to go back. When you take off work, drag your car through several states to an event. And then find it's not fun; you look at your options in the future.

I hope I am 1,000% wrong. I think, if the chatter on these drag racing event pages and drag racing posts don't start getting more traffic. I think the special LS event in Tennessee is toast. I would love to hear next years event is going to Z-Max. But surely the cost of that track in relationship to Memphis is much more.

Oh well, thanks again for the reply. Be safe good luck in the future!! And for the rest of you not posting you're welcome!!
Old 08-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Banned

Thanks for the reply. How was the track prep? So often, these private track rental events. They drag the track early in the even and that's it. No one can control the weather. It's HOT in NC in the summer. Poor track conditions - another story. That's not right, it's not fair. I think these event organizers need to address track issues.

At any rate, thanks for the feed back. It's a nice track. Everyone should walk away with the attitude they can't wait to go back. When you take off work, drag your car through several states to an event. And then find it's not fun; you look at your options in the future.

I hope I am 1,000% wrong. I think, if the chatter on these drag racing event pages and drag racing posts don't start getting more traffic. I think the special LS event in Tennessee is toast. I would love to hear next years event is going to Z-Max. But surely the cost of that track in relationship to Memphis is much more.

Oh well, thanks again for the reply. Be safe goog luck in the future!! And for the rest of you not posting you're welcome!!
Old 08-14-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Track prep was good. Not much you can due when the temps are over 100 degrees. I spun one time and that was the qualifiying pass we were allowed. There is no water in the lanes, no electric in the pits, no PA in our area and we had to go the other side of the track to pick up our time slips for awhile until Lonnie was able to get over there. Lonnie from the NMCA was working his A$$ off. He was trying to be everywhere and do everything to make sure everything ran smooth and that the drivers had everything they needed.

Would I return to the track? Yes, Overall - I could over look the negatives. The trailer has a generator to provide power to hear the announcements, I was able to get water from the bathroom.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Teching In

yea it was a nice track i was there with my buddy that races reals street and he won in his class its was a 3 jpc car that won in the nmra all i know is it was hot there was a spectoter that died from the heat and like 5 passed out
Old 08-14-2009, 03:47 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE
I think everyone willl agree with me on this, It was hot. The event was a very hot event - temp's were in the high 90's to low 100's.

Track was slick mid to late int he day due to the heat. Twent nine vehicles were in the pits for the Index and the Quick 8. First round of Index had 22 vehicles. I lost first round of index with a -.017 light and ran 11.508 on a 11.50 dial. Due to loosing first round, I was asked if I would race in the quick 8. My reply was NOPE, going home. The car was loaded and I was ready to leave. Then after thinking about receiving $250.00 for staging if I was selected as an alternate. Now I need to wait to see if anyone will back out or break. Then I get the news that a driver did not return to the track from Saturday. I am in the show ($250.00). Cool, it was worth waiting. Now I am thinking how am I going to go rounds against quicker vehicles. Luckly I had a Challenger that was not running the number. Round 1 I win. Yeah. Round 2 I have Steve in his silver NOS Camaro that can go 11.00's. Well I need ot drill the tree and try to win this on the tree. Sure enough, I heard the announcer say that the race was won on a whole shot. Now into the finals against a 10.16 white Trans Am. No hope for me. I am running all motor without any help from a power adder. Needless to say I lost. I hit the .400 tree with a .080 but that was not going to give me much on the top end. I think it was 10.18 to 11.20 in the final. Not bad when I thought the day was over.

I am only able to write about what I went through and who I raced. I am sure others will add to this. I was not much of a spectator, more of a racer.

Great event but very hot and humid.
We had great time as well and yes it was HOT!
Tech informed us Friday to not go faster than a 10.00 or our weekend would be over (which I already knew) so we pulled some power out and qualified Saturday with a 10.02@135mph.
We ran a blue 2010 Shelby in the first round of eliminations 10.16 to his 11.46, then ran a Chrysler 300C in the second round 10.91 to his 11.42 and met up with the vette in the finals 10.18 to 11.20.
It was very nice to meet you, and was glad to have met up with another GM in the finals. Well worth the trip for sure!

Quick Reply: TRUE STREET will be 4-WIDE at ZMAX