Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

Speed Freak Fastest Street car Shootout!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 09:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Freak Fastest Street car Shootout!!!!

Inaugural Speed Freak Fastest Street Car Shootout Announced!

JE Pistons NMCA Event, Milan Dragway, Milan, Michigan - August 28-30, 2009

The NMCA Edelbrock Muscle Car Nationals, the #1 all-muscle car motorsport show in the U.S., is pleased to announce that the JE Pistons NMCA Muscle Car Nationals (August 28-30, 2009) in Milan, Michigan, will host the Inaugural Speed Freak Fastest Street Car Shootout. Speed Freak – Clothing For Fast People – is one of the leading producers of hot rod & muscle car apparel in the U.S.

The Speed Freak Fastest Street Car Shootout will feature some of the fastest street-style muscle cars in the land competing for the honor of Fastest Street Car Shootout champion. Check out 7 & 8 second street cars battle on the 1320 with easy to adapt rules and cool purses/prizes for Fastest Street Car Shootout competitors.

Speed Freak Fastest Street Car Shootout Rules for ‘09:

The Fastest Street Car Shootout will be a heads-up Quick 16 format race that will take place on Sunday, August 30th, 2009. The Fastest Street Car Shootout race will be open to the quickest 16 cars that run in NMCA’s Tremec True Street class on Saturday, August 29th.

To be eligible for the Fastest Street Car Shootout class, competitors must meet True Street rules, compete in the True Street class on Saturday, and make all three True Street passes. The sixteen (16) competitors who have the fastest 3-pass averages will be placed on a sportsman ladder and will race heads-up on a 4/10 pro tree.

Speed Freak Fastest Street Car Shootout Purses:

Winner: $800 + Cool Gear from Speed Freak
Runner-Up: $400
Semis: $200
Quarters: $100
Eighths: $50

For more information on Speed Freak apparel log on to www.clothingforfastpeople.com or for this event log on to www.nmcadigital.com/MI or call 714-444-2426.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Banned

That event sounds like fun - I think this is the deal Mike Brown, ie Ohio Boys, told me he was going to. He expects to have his car back together by then. A test before he does the same thing at the LX Shoot-Out. But give him a shout to confirm. Ok, it's your job to report the outcome. I can't attend all these events.

Hopefully thousands and thousands of cars will try this

And for those who don't like the following - You're Welcome!
Old 08-19-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Regular

I'm sure Mike will be attending he usually runs with us when we are in town plus it is his home track. He will have the home track advantage since most of his competition is coming from the east coast. I see him all the time since Milan is my home track also.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Banned

Mike Browns HOME TRACK? Takes about three hours to drive from Dayton Ohio to Milan. My race dog and I have been coming every month since 1320X. It takes 20 min. to get to Kil Kare. Mike and Steve once drove the twin turbo Yellow F to Kil Kare in 2002 or 03. But thanks for responding

At any rate, I hope folks bring their cars to this event. I hope they pay to attend. And thanks for allowing Mike to do two events at the bash..

Isn't Memphis for sale? Please contact the Smith group and see what it would cost to move the LX Shoot Out to Z-Max.

Thanks also for everything you and your group does to promote Drag Racing on Drag Strips.

watching
Old 09-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Banned

Hey Mike - This event went down this past week-end. You got two of the three scheduled days in. And the winners were? I won't jump in your stuff by posting results.

In my opinion - half of posting an event is also posting results. I know you're a very busy person.

out to lunch!!

Quick Reply: Speed Freak Fastest Street car Shootout!!!!