Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

A new 1 mile shootout event in california

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 12:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A new 1 mile shootout event in california

MKM has been putting on Open Road Race events for 7 years, so they know how to put on a motorsport event.

MKM Racing Promotions is very excited to announce what we hope is a new permanent racing venue in Mojave, CA. We have reached an agreement with the Mojave Air and Space Port, a private airfield, to host our Mile Shootout event on March 6, 2010. This facility features a 12,000’ runway which will allow for very fast speeds (250+ mph) and a comfortable braking margin. Since Mile Shootout racing is already very popular in Texas, the Midwest, and the East Coast, we look forward to being the premiere site for Mile Shootouts in the West.

The Mojave Mile will be open to both cars and motorcycles, and, depending on its success, is forecasted to be held multiple times per year. MKM is developing a dedicated website for this event, http://www.mojavemile.com, to host all of the information related to the event, including a forum discussion board. Watch for this site to become active in October 2009. In the meantime, mark your calendar!

We hope to see lots of our ORR friends at this event, especially in the off season, when “speed fever” hits!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SWEET Jeff! Are you bringing the turbo Vette or Ol Blue?

My car should be 100% complete by then other than a paint job, so if the money is available I'll drag my load down to play. Maybe I'll even throw the 2.70:1 gears in & find out what it will really run. I'd love to hit 200. I just hope the rumors about WS6 hoods discintegrating at 190 is an urban legend!!!

Mark

Quick Reply: A new 1 mile shootout event in california