Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

G14 Fbody Gathering, Atlanta, GA May 28-30

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kyles2000z
The Outlaw01.....if you aren't staying at the hotel, you're gonna miss most of the fun. The best of the weekend is at night when the parking lot is partyin it up!
i hear ya, well maybe i will, where is the best hotels to stay at?
Old 03-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Raleigh TA
I'll have to agree. My brother lives about 10 minutes from the Marriott in a big beautiful home and I still stay at the hotel at least Friday and Saturday nights.

Get up, do a quick detail, walk around, find some food, take a nap or swim, walk around and meet, hang with buds, grab some fellow enthusiasts you don't know and go out to eat, come back, enjoy quantities of your favorite adult beverage in a parking lot with crazy motorheads. Xbox, tunes, corn hole, Texas Holdem, Smokey and the Bandit on big screen, it is the ultimate redneck paradise. Ends up about a $500 long weekend for me, but well worth it. It is the $3,000+ in mods, etc preparing the car for it that is killer.
yea what hotel yall stay at??
Old 03-06-2010, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The event is AT the hotel. You will never have to even leave the premises except for other scheduled events. Marriott in Marietta.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The event is AT the hotel. You will never have to even leave the premises except for other scheduled events. Marriott in Marietta.

You forgot Beer Runs.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

I think that is a "scheduled" event for most hahaha.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TheOutlaw01
yea what hotel yall stay at??
Check out the link in my sig. This show is based at the Marriott in Marrietta. They have a negotiated rate of $79/ night, but but check out the show site for the registration code necessary to get that price. Reservations typically open up around late March/April. You will not regret attending the Gathering!
Old 03-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Launching!

Check out the link in my sig. This show is based at the Marriott in Marrietta. They have a negotiated rate of $79/ night, but but check out the show site for the registration code necessary to get that price. Reservations typically open up around late March/April. You will not regret attending the Gathering!
Be aware that the code that is up right now is for last years hotel reservations and rate. The code for this years rate is not out as of yet. Hold of calling the hotel until it is annouced that the new code has been put up on the site.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bowtiedad_z28
Be aware that the code that is up right now is for last years hotel reservations and rate. The code for this years rate is not out as of yet. Hold of calling the hotel until it is annouced that the new code has been put up on the site.
so ill just tell them the code and ill get the price of $79/night? is that for multiple people?
Old 03-07-2010, 05:36 PM
TECH Addict

As stated, the code is not up just yet. Nobody panic, this is is normal. They release rooms to us in "blocks", and as reservations mount, more are opened. Never in the history of Gathering has anyone been turned away.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

The best part is the blocks of rooms overlook the parking lot area where the show is so you can get up in the morning to a beautiful site.

Like all are saying, watch the Gathering's official site for details and an announcement of the registration info. www.fbodygathering.com We all get anxious this time of year, but we all get our rooms. It is very helpful to the organizers when folks preregister and pay their show fees prior to the show.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

I will be there for the 4th year and will be representing with Late Model Motorsports
Old 03-08-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

The best part is the blocks of rooms overlook the parking lot area where the show is so you can get up in the morning to a beautiful site.

Like all are saying, watch the Gathering's official site for details and an announcement of the registration info. www.fbodygathering.com We all get anxious this time of year, but we all get our rooms. It is very helpful to the organizers when folks preregister and pay their show fees prior to the show.
I always thought I was lucky and got a room with a view of the show. Each year I worry that I won't get a room on that side overlooking the cars....So i've worried all along for no reason, and no reason to worry this year either?
Old 03-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Teching In

nice, cant wait, this will be my first year
Old 03-08-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

I've been there as a spectator on saturday for 3 years. I'm hoping I will have a car to put in there this year.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

I always thought I was lucky and got a room with a view of the show. Each year I worry that I won't get a room on that side overlooking the cars....So i've worried all along for no reason, and no reason to worry this year either?
I am checking on that for both of us. I may have just gotten some luck too! I'll have an answer in a day to two. Now that I consider it, there may not be enough rooms in that wing to accommodate us all, but I can't imagine them putting anyone facing the lot who is not with the group, the front desk would get calls day and night! Some folks I have seen before are not facing the lot, but have been located on the same wing of the hotel. I have seen a photo taken from one of the high floors, maybe 20th, in the main building, but that may have just been someone wanting to get a view of the whole show.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Teching In

Hey Russ...PM sent on gathering site. Coffee is kicking in now, so if i need to clarify, let me know.

back to the coffee pot i go....
Old 03-09-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Addict

You're not guaranteed to have a room overlooking the parking lot, and trust me, that's not always a bad thing. I usually request to be elsewhere from the main block anyway.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by B2E2RUN
Hey Russ...PM sent on gathering site. Coffee is kicking in now, so if i need to clarify, let me know.

back to the coffee pot i go....

I didn't get a PM. What the hell?
Old 03-09-2010, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

Official answer is you just have to get lucky to overlook the lot (my opinion on the desirability of overlooking the lot.) The hotel tends to put early bookers next to the show, but folks end up throughout the hotel, and others sleep on the hill in the pine needles...you know who you are....
As for me, I'm booking early and requesting an overlooking room. LS1 sounds are music to my ears except one that blows my eardrums, again, you know who you are...
Old 03-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Teching In

I smell registration opening soon....

Quick Reply: G14 Fbody Gathering, Atlanta, GA May 28-30