Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

FBODY BEACH BASH feedback

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Punisher_ws7
i wasnt able to have a car there this year as mine is still in the shop. but i was there and had a blast watching the cars at the speedway. Talked to some very nice guys/girls and watched some killer drag/auto crossing... hats off to the guy in the blacked out z28 thats some great car control.. haha

Lil helper as to who i am... i was the one in the arm sling with red hat on....

Cant wait to bring the car next year....
this man had some skill!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLL-dNXGXMA
I recorded a bunch of videos on Friday, just posted some up in the multimedia section under "videos from F-body track day MB" y'all check them out you might be in one of them, lemme know what you think
Old 07-20-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a blast guys. I thought the event was well planned. I say leave the date like it is. Sure its a little hot, but it won't kill ya ! If you change the date, it may run into other shows. Its growing each year. I've been there since the very first bash!! Can't wait til next year! Wish we would have 2 bashes a year. Are we doing the track event again next year?
Old 07-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Flawless02SS
I had a blast guys. I thought the event was well planned. I say leave the date like it is. Sure its a little hot, but it won't kill ya ! If you change the date, it may run into other shows. Its growing each year. I've been there since the very first bash!! Can't wait til next year! Wish we would have 2 bashes a year. Are we doing the track event again next year?
Absolutey.....the track event was awesome. MB Speedway folks really went all out to let us enjoy our cars.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say we leave it AS IS too....look at Mustang Week. It's this week and they draw THOUSANDS of cars each year. The track....it will be every year as long as we are invited back. How so we get invited back? Have a good turnout.

I watched videos from the track day at Mustang Week....they have a huge crowd out there. And Bill also set them up a better course to run through....I think we got shafted on the autocross...bad! The speedway also seemed to be open up a bit more for the Mustangs. Next year that's something we can request.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Launching!

IT'S all about numbers.....the FBody crowd is going to have to step better to get full use of the track or any other venue.

We had 50 show up out 150+ that pre-registered. It's possible.......but it's up to FBody owners to step up. We need 100-125 at the track next year!!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Teching In

I think everything went fine. Yes, it was very hot-Hell it summertime
Here are some of the items or changes for next year.
1. The trophies. If the class had less participants in it. I thiink rest of the trophies need to be handed out in the bigger class. ( I like the homemade ones)
2. Better advertising. All the web sites(LS1.com, Formula.com ect.) Monthly-quarterly magazines-(NFTAC,Pontiac enthusiast, chevy mags.). Get ahold of all the Firebird-Camaro Clubs around the country, by web sites or phone calls.
3. Concessions. Maybe a local church group,boyscouts or even a local car club can have something.
4. Need to get out the imformation as soon as possible. My work requires us to turn in our vacation request in January for that year.
I'm going to the T/A Nationals in Dayton in Aug. There were 530 firebird-Trans Ams last year there, from all over the country. I'll be glad to help you out on passing out some fliers for next years event. Even its just a comming soon flier. Just get back with me.
5. I think you need to keep it the summer months. That's why I was there with the kids. (show for me-swim for the kids). I know we are going back down next year, the kids TOLD ME!

Last edited by BroxWS6T/A; 07-23-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Launching!

Hey BROXWS6TA.....thanks for the input.......I'm going to the TA Nationals as well......I'll bring some flyers even if the date is "TBD".

Look me up.....I have the Electric Blue 3rd Gen Formula with the Hawks banner on the windshield.

We did not have concessions because it required a permit from the city and we didn't have time to put it together due to the change to Inlet Square Mall.
We'll definitely have food/drinks next year.

I'm already working several of the areas that need improvement. Again...thanks for the feed back. Terry
Old 07-22-2010, 05:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 205 Likes on 124 Posts

most people were really cool i met, like ron brock from illinois and a guy from virginia with a blue z28 with z28 muscle on the liscense plate and some nice local guys from nc were there, others seemed stuck up when i tried to communicate with them but i had a good time over all it was a blast.

The track day was cool i did not particpate, Been my luck i would of broke something

as stated above better comminucation would have been nice !

I was SHOCKED that i won a trophey Thanks

Thanks to everyone who put it on i had a good time !!!
Old 07-22-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

If it was any of the show staff from LMM....sorry, we were running around like crazy!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 05:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by madmike9396
most people were really cool i met, like ron brock from illinois and a guy from virginia with a blue z28 with z28 muscle on the liscense plate and some nice local guys from nc were there, others seemed stuck up when i tried to communicate with them but i had a good time over all it was a blast.
That would be me! Names Craig.

It was nice meeting alot of new people and talking cars. I am looking forward to next year if I am back from deployment by then, all depends on the date and how the future goes, but either way, ill stay tuned to the treads and even if I cant go, Ill pass the info to my club guys, and persist them to bring everyone.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 205 Likes on 124 Posts

it was nice to meet u Craig i had the black hawk that was across from u when we were at burkeys.

It wasnt none of the staff that was being snotty i know u guys were busy !!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WipFbody
Hey BROXWS6TA.....thanks for the input.......I'm going to the TA Nationals as well......I'll bring some flyers even if the date is "TBD".

Look me up.....I have the Electric Blue 3rd Gen Formula with the Hawks banner on the windshield.

We did not have concessions because it required a permit from the city and we didn't have time to put it together due to the change to Inlet Square Mall.
We'll definitely have food/drinks next year.

I'm already working several of the areas that need improvement. Again...thanks for the feed back. Terry
Cool I'll look you up.
You guys really did a great job. Thanks for stepping up and taking over. I really had a great time.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by madmike9396

The track day was cool i did not particpate, Been my luck i would of broke something

as stated above better comminucation would have been nice !

I was SHOCKED that i won a trophey Thanks

Thanks to everyone who put it on i had a good time !!!
Hey thanx,
Old 07-23-2010, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BroxWS6T/A
Cool I'll look you up.
You guys really did a great job. Thanks for stepping up and taking over. I really had a great time.
I still couldn't believe how clean, nice, and well taken care of your car was for a 14x,xxx mile daily drive....very nice indeed!
Old 07-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

Hey kyle,

I am in Charleston fairly close to MB. If you need anyones help for next year let me know. I moved here from LA and the car scene is totally different out here. I have many ideas that I am trying to get going in the charleston area. Hopefully they work out. I am trying to get all of the Fbodies together for weekly/monthly cruise ins etc. Today is our first meet. So I guess we will see how it goes.

I stayed at the Laquinta. Didnt catch the group rate so had to pay full price. Oh well maybe next year we should start promoting earlier and getting more group rates at a few different hotels also. Just an idea. If there is anything that I can do let me know.

Next year I hope to be able to use the track and enter some of the consest. Me and the people I came up with just watched and looked around at the show. I will definately say that there were a lot of nice cars out there. MY car was and is having some BCM issues so it pretty much stays in the garage for now. Hopefully by next year I will have everything done that I want done. Suspension, Rear end, drive shaft and a procharger. We shall see though.

Again if you need help for next year let me know.

Matt
Old 07-25-2010, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

I didnt get around to showing up to the track friday, as I arrived at 10am from my 15 hour drive...so I pretty much slept, woke up,ate and fell asleep again

saturday, I thought the car show was amazing. Coming from someone who lived in NY my whole life, it was nice to see everything f-bodys. I have never once seen that before and it put a smile on my face.

However, it sucked I had a car full of luggage sense I was in between hotel/condo changes. This really bothered me as my bottle is mounted in the trunk and what not...

I didnt really have a chance to meet alot of people as it was waaaay too hot for me and my girl and we ended up leaving early...but from those who I did meet, were great people.

BTW, kyle I really appreciate you helping me out as soon as I got there. I was lost as soon as I pulled it LOL

you have my number and if you need help settings things up for next year or need some suggestions...I am welcome to help.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Addict

Matt...thanks for the words. Thats how we did we LMM, starrted small and have been around over a year now. Weekly/monthly hang outs, partys, cookouts....etc. You will learn that if you get to know the people well, and focus more on the PEOPLE than on the CARS, you will have a strong numbered group. Maybe next year you could work on the hotel promos for us?

Drew....appreciate it man. We talked and will probably keep the same basic logo each year, and just change the car. Ill get with you when we are ready to change it up for sure!

Once we get into the planning stages for next year, I will bring this thread back up, look at who all is interested in genuinly putting in work and helping out next year (it's not easy, but is def rewarding when you see others having a good time)...and send out PMs to the folks who want to be a part of the staff. Again, we can't thank you all enough for supporting the Beach Bash....and hope to grow it to a large annual event over time. The only way it will get there is with you all!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

All in all it was great. The only thing I can say negative isn't something you guys did it was MB Speedway. The guy who was in charge I guess just seemed like he didn't want to be there and was kinda rude. The road course was too small for our cars, the drag racing being held in a corner (kinda dangerous/stupid), not having concessions sucked for most people (I brought a loaded cooler). Going around the track was pretty cool. The car show went really well, had a great turn out. I'd like to see more sponsors and a mobile dyno out there next year. It'd be neat to find a real dragstrip, but I'm not sure where one is around there or if there is one. I say we start planning and advertising now so we can have a bigger turn out next year. I say do more advertising too and lets shoot for at least doubling the turn out for next year. Hit up all the major fbody forums and start threads, send flyers out to sponsors on board here to hang up in there lobbies, post it in magazines, facebook, myspace, twitter, etc.

Again you and the guys that were behind it this year did a great job and we all had a great time.

Last edited by CaMaRo67RS355; 07-25-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Addict

I agree about the Speedway. If you search on Youtube for Mstuang Week at MB Speedway.....that kind of turnout is what it is going to take for us to get top notch service. When we get with Bill in the future, we will positively request these things for everyone.

As for sponsorship, we also are kicking new ideas around for that. we want the big names in the business to be represented, but don't want so many sponsors that they are competing for business at a gathering like this. We have some ideas for this and will talk about them at our next meetings with the car club. We will use this thread for next years planning, and shoot for answering the most requests we possibly can so the event gets better.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah thats cool I can help out with the hotels. Let me know what else I can do. The meet on saturday really turned out well. I think we had about 10 people there mostly TA's I think that is the most that I have seen at once in Charleston.

Quick Reply: FBODY BEACH BASH feedback