Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

FBODY BEACH BASH feedback

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default FBODY BEACH BASH feedback

We as a car club want to hear about your weekend. what you liked, disliked, would want done different....anything. We want to make this event something YOU all want and lok forward to every year. For anyone still in MB.....we are having berakfast at IHOP tomorrow morning at 9 and would love to have you all come out and talk with us about these things.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a blast.Would have been nice if the speedway was easier to get on to.I drug my exhaust getting onto the speedway and its leaking bad now but I would do it again.Cant wait until year.And the people were super nice.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

Glad you had a good time. If you hooked then I was dead meat hahaha. Did you get the problem with your car sorted out?
Old 07-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah my booster fuel pump quit.I was happy with 3rd in drag racing and didnt expect to get anything in the show and got best paint couldnt be happier.
Thank for making F-Body week a fun weekend.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

I got to be there for about 2 hours tops and had to go back home and see about some stuff. I was very impressed with the turnout with the little bit of time I was there, I enjoyed it. Good job to Kyle and everyone else that helped put it together. Hopefully next year I can make it back to the show with a car since class and clinicals will be over. Loved seeing the 5th Gens and 1st Gens there. And the 4th Gens were well represented again!

I'm sorry I didn't really get a chance to talk to anyone but again, I had very limited time to be there and tried to take in as much as possible while I was there. I was the guy walking around in the Orange Miami Dolphins jersey in case anyone saw me, lol
Old 07-18-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Addict

I thought I saw you there, but I was running around in a hurry too. Glad you made it out there....hurry up and get your 1st Gen done! We are already talking about things we will do differently next year and by early of next year I imagine we will start announcing all of it.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Launching!

i wasnt able to have a car there this year as mine is still in the shop. but i was there and had a blast watching the cars at the speedway. Talked to some very nice guys/girls and watched some killer drag/auto crossing... hats off to the guy in the blacked out z28 thats some great car control.. haha

Lil helper as to who i am... i was the one in the arm sling with red hat on....

Cant wait to bring the car next year....
Old 07-18-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

I agree the track was the most fun I've had in my car, and those who decided not to join really missed out! Running around the track was SWEET, and I couldn't believe my car made it ot the finals for the drag race. It was ann honorable death....magnacharged LS1 on drag radials vs. cam only LS1 on street tires lol!

Kyle from the HAwk's crew (guy with the blacked out Camaro with Sinister tag) was freaking crazy out there on the track, that was fun to watch!

One thing I must add, is we were somewhat dissappointed with everyone leaving the show. We love seeing the cars roast the hides, but the waiver everyone signed and had a copy of on the back of the registration stated no burnouts, and we may lose our deposit on the parking lot because all of the actin a fool people did when they left. Next year we will hafta remind everyone to save it for the street lol.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

I think that it turned out pretty well. There were some things that werent that great. Some things to change. But over all it was a great turnout. I didnt get up there til around 7 friday night. There we def some great cars there. My wife and I really enjoyed it.

Some things that I was confused about were,I tought that was supposed to be a burnout and exhaust contest at the track? I didnt get to see much at the track cause I got there so late. Another thing that would be better would a little more communication as to what was going on. Like when everyone was leaving the track no one really said what was going on. Other than that I think that it was a great turnout and hopefully it will be better next year. I think that if everyone would have known what was going on I think burkeys would have turned out better. I thought that we were going to all cruise there together.

One suggestion for the car show is maybe trying to get some more vendors/concession stands (especially concession stands for the heat.) Let me know about anything for next year. I can help for next year.

Matt
Old 07-18-2010, 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

Matt, good meeting you as I was elaving the track Friday night. The burnout contest would have went on, but no one jumped up and told the track official they wanted to. Same goes for the exhaust contest. He told us all at the beginning of the evening that these two things would happen if we had some guys wanting to, and as far as I know....no one told him they wanted to lol.

As far as communication, after everyone broke at the track, Terry spoke a little while and told everyone where we would be going, it has also been psoted on fbodybeachbash.com for a few months now. The thing that hurt the Burkey's turnout, as well as the track...is most people drove in on Friday and were too tired. It's not they they didn't know....we did everything in our power to let everyone know of the events, by posting it on the event website.

Once Jon gets the forum section of the site going, we can all use www.fbodybeachbash.com for everything.....this way there is no miscommunication incase somebody never got on there and read what was going on.

Keep everything coming!
Old 07-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

It was good meeting you also. I was just unsure of everything cause I got there so late. I couldnt take the time off work. I really thought that it turned out well though. It seems to be getting better year after year. I am definately looking forward to it next year. I didnt get to jump on the group rates cause I reserved too late. Next year I will definately take the time off and stay the whole weekend. If you need help for next year let me know. It really isnt that far of a drive for me. I will probably enter in the show and race next year. Just been having some problems with the car.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

One thing that would be beneficial would be to assemble a staff, similar to what Mustang Week has every year....and spread the load of work among many people.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

That is a great idea. It will definately make it easier.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

I think comunication was the biggest fall back, was hard to know what was going on next, if you cant comunicate to the masses, then set a detailed schedule, and stick to that. Only idea I have is maybe get key people from outside clubs/states that will be visiting, and get thier phone #s, and have them help pass text/calls to the others that they know or that may be traveling with them, kinda like kyles talked about extra staff, make them like key phone tree guys/gals. That may help with last minute changes and getting info out.

I do have to say, it still was a very good show, met many great people, and had a blast. Keep working on making the next show a better one, I will def be looking forward to the next one.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I met a couple of you guys down there and had a great time. Heat was a little intense, but it is July with South Carolina humidity. Didn't make it in time for the track event which is probably good because I might have been trailering the car around for the next two days if I did. Looking forward to the next event.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:07 AM
On The Tree

Great show. Yes there is always stuff that can be changed. Overall I thought it was a good show. Its nice seeing so many 4th gens. Most of the local shows here in VA dont have many 4th gens show. Well worth the trip down and look forward to next year. The only suggestion I haven't seen posted yet is parking. Have someone parking the cars when they arrive. At first it seemed somewhat organized and then before you knew it there was cars parked in all different dirrections. Wasn't a problem just thought it might look a little better. Again great show and look forward to next year.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:18 AM
10 Second Club

Kyle you and Terry did a great job. Me, Jonathan, Joey from Tick Performance enjoyed it. I was also happy that a few guys from Triad F-body was able to come down for the show. The only things that would be nice if we did it when it was a little cooler say early spring or late fall. Also better hotel selection, the Springmaid beach resort didn't really have any parking for trailers. Other than that it was really good. I am ready for next year.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Launching!

I'll take the blame for communication or any other short comings that we had....as Kyle stated the list of activities was on the the website.....but it would have helped to have a printed copy of the agenda at the events.

Trailer parking is hard to find at MB....we ask for help from some of the locals but we couldn't come up with anything.....we'll try to do better next year.

Keep coming with the feedback....it'll help us make it better.

In the past the F-Body week was always back to back to Mustang Week....but we could look at changing it. The heat of summer is definitely an issue. We were hoping people would us this event as part of a vacation stay to get more people to the event. Plus if you have kids it's hard to travel when the kids are in school.......not sure how many this would impact.

What time of year would be best????????
Old 07-19-2010, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

i enjoyed it....didnt have to stay in the heat too long.....hahah good thing bout being a local... next time what about a photoshoot??? fbody photo shoot maybe like 10-20bucks for a group session
Old 07-19-2010, 04:44 PM
TECH Addict

Many good ideas folks, keep them coming. Theres pros and cons to everything mentioned, and they wil all be weighed in the coming months.

Again, a HUGE HUGE HUGE thanks to our sponsors from Tick and Hawks that made it down to the show. Everyone enjoyed seeing the shop cars I'm sure! Also, a big thanks to Vengeance...they sponsored the event from the get-go, and continued through with their commitment even after they discovered they were swamped with work and could not come down.....this says alot about their character and sticking to their word. Point blank, the show would NOT happen if they didn't donate the shirts to sale and recoup our costs, thy all looked great didn't they?

Also, we really appreciate the generosity everyone showed with buying the shirts and doing the 50/50. We very easily could have came up FAR in the negative, but because of the generosity of you all, we salvaged our investment!

Now.....I wanna see some pics, vids, etc!

Quick Reply: FBODY BEACH BASH feedback