Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear your car will not be there. Stop and say Hi
Old 08-27-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still may drive it, deciding on geting up at 5 on Sunday and drive up, the weather looks nice though.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 95TAGary
I still may drive it, deciding on geting up at 5 on Sunday and drive up, the weather looks nice though.
You might as well drive up, let me know and we can go up together, I am outside of cincy NE.

Bill
Old 08-27-2010, 05:23 PM
TECH Resident

Already there just look for the red 94 LS1 TA

Old 08-28-2010, 06:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So when I was pulling into Tipp City, somebody yelled SweeTbone but nobody came up yet. Haven't found Dave yet either. Met WSSick and his buddy. Great turnout for sure.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SweeTbone
Met WSSick and his buddy. Great turnout for sure.
+1 hopefully my car will be in good shape for next year!
Old 08-29-2010, 07:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

It was I who yelled but never got over to you.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bird Man
Look me up when you get there
Originally Posted by Sunset01TA
It was I who yelled but never got over to you.
Dave, I looked for you at the hotel, found your car and the wife and she said you were out and about. I told her to tell you I was looking for you. Saw your car in Tipp City also but never found you. After I heard someone yell for me when I came in and saw your car Dave, I waited near my car for most of the Cruise In, but never caught up with either one of you. That's all right though. Still had a blast, except for all the haters and general uninformed people saying " That's not a factory color." and "Those aren't factory wheels."
Old 08-30-2010, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dave, I looked for you at the hotel, found your car and the wife and she said you were out and about. I told her to tell you I was looking for you. Saw your car in Tipp City also but never found you. After I heard someone yell for me when I came in and saw your car Dave, I waited near my car for most of the Cruise In, but never caught up with either one of you. That's all right though. Still had a blast, except for all the haters and general uninformed people saying " That's not a factory color." and "Those aren't factory wheels."
I was by your car but I didn't see you. You're right some people are clueless about these cars. Sorry I missed you.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

I was by your car but I didn't see you. You're right some people are clueless about these cars. Sorry I missed you.
I don't know how many time I got asked that same question. I saw you put "Yes it's a factory color" on your placard, haha. I have the Medium Blue Metallic Trans Am with the silver stripes. Before people would even ask about the color, I would just tell them, "Yes it's a factory color". No biggie but funny! I usually don't hang around the car much at the show anyway. Usually out mingling with the crowd and looking at other cars.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Launching!

Congrats to Dave for another Trophy at the Trans Am Nats!!!!

Bill & Brenda
Old 08-30-2010, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Old Blue
Congrats to Dave for another Trophy at the Trans Am Nats!!!!

Bill & Brenda
Congrats on your award. I just go to hang out with all you guys.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Had to break a 5 year tradition of going to the Nats for a cousins wedding. Sounds like everyone had a great as whats only to expect at this show. Anyone got any pics they can post up of the show?
Old 08-30-2010, 09:30 PM
11 Second Club

It's cool. We'll catch up at GM Powertrain on the 12th if you go. It's always the waiting game. You're waiting by my car while I'm at waiting at yours. Bad timing, but there is so much to see there so no biggie.

Originally Posted by BrianB
I don't know how many time I got asked that same question. I saw you put "Yes it's a factory color" on your placard, haha. I have the Medium Blue Metallic Trans Am with the silver stripes. Before people would even ask about the color, I would just tell them, "Yes it's a factory color". No biggie but funny!
Man, I was getting pissed. I'd hear before they even looked at the placard, "That's not a factory color.", then they would read it as say, "Well, I guess it is." There was one or two people even after reading it, saying "No way, he's lying." I was sitting behind my car at the time and had to yell out that it was a factory color offered from 2000 to 2002. I saw another MRM TA there, 3 of the 1998 Sport Gold Metallics and your 99 Medium Blue Metallic (I believe that's the color it's called.) I'm not trying to bash any spectators face in, but when you talk **** about MY car, you better hope I'm not in earshot cause I'll correct you with the quickness.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:01 PM
TECH Resident

There's a lot of clueless people out there that think they know it all. Hell the first year I went the guy in tech line told me that my hood was a mod because they didn't offer it that year. I was like are you kidding me?!?!?!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:31 PM
Teching In

It's cool. We'll catch up at GM Powertrain on the 12th if you go. It's always the waiting game. You're waiting by my car while I'm at waiting at yours. Bad timing, but there is so much to see there so no biggie.

Man, I was getting pissed. I'd hear before they even looked at the placard, "That's not a factory color.", then they would read it as say, "Well, I guess it is." There was one or two people even after reading it, saying "No way, he's lying." I was sitting behind my car at the time and had to yell out that it was a factory color offered from 2000 to 2002. I saw another MRM TA there, 3 of the 1998 Sport Gold Metallics and your 99 Medium Blue Metallic (I believe that's the color it's called.) I'm not trying to bash any spectators face in, but when you talk **** about MY car, you better hope I'm not in earshot cause I'll correct you with the quickness.

That does have to suck hearing all of that, i still have a Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Sales brochure showing the color to prove it was a factory optioned color....
Old 08-31-2010, 05:37 PM
Launching!

Saw your car at the Tipp City cruise. First time for seeing those wheels in person. I actually like them! Love that color too.

I think I actually teched in behind BrianB on Saturday.

Speaking of, they need to have a more consistant and less biased way of teching people in. My buddy got put in the Light Modified G-3 class and has full suspension, HCI, Full exauhst, engine dress up, interior dress up, shaved emblems, Blackbird stripes, and window tint. The only thing stock about this car is 98% of the interior and the body and wheels.

While I was put into the HIGH Modified I-3 class for a strut tower bar, SLP lid, Window tint, Silver gauges, silver T/A and Pontiac decals, and a Bandit Run sticker on my rear window. The guy told me that if I took the Bandit sticker off he would drop me down to the Light Modified class. I think he was just being a dick cuz he asked if the bugs were stock or modified. Was just like they are modified, ya know a 5.5 hour drive from IL will do that.

My buddy actually managed to get 4th place in G-3 tho.

One of the gold 98 cars is a friend of ours from Michigan, Cat. She has the gold one with the black T/A door decals and the bird on the sail panels.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have 4 sets of pics from the weekend --just click on my webshots in the sig.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rick Speed
There's a lot of clueless people out there that think they know it all. Hell the first year I went the guy in tech line told me that my hood was a mod because they didn't offer it that year. I was like are you kidding me?!?!?!
The best one I heard this year was........a guy was telling his friend that this car has an LS1 with TVS2300 blower. I said actually it's an LS7.... so he said....."it's still an LS motor......there's not much difference". So I said.....only 81 cubic inches and twice the money!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

Default sweet rides

I was at the show on Saturday and Sunday morning for less than an hour. I also went to Tipp City Saturday...had a great time. Tipp City was packed!

SweeTbone, I saw your car there...very nice ride.

Bird Man, I saw your car at the show and cruise...sweet ride too.

I haven't even been on LS1TECH since April until today (busy), but I remember seeing your cars. I'm sure I saw some of the other guys rides too, but I remember those two for sure.

I can't believe I saw 3 of only 72 1973 SD455 4 speed Trans Ams ever made this weekend! What an awesome event!

Quick Reply: Trans am nationals ohio