Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

2011 F-Body Beach Bash feedback wanted!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 09:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

It's crowded because that's when most people are free to travel and the weather is good. Jmo but if the goal is to grow this show into something larger than it has been, I think it's going to be harder to do that if you put it in Sept or later. I would be interested to hear what others think though.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think June/July is the right time for a beach event. Yeah there's heat but that's just something you have to deal with at the beach. There will be a much better turnout during this time becuase this is when most people take vacation anyway so it will be easier for people to plan on attending. Once you get into September you get into more scheduling conflicts than just football season. College will be back in so some people won't be able to make it becuase of that, school will be in so people with kids will have responiblilites as far as that goes, and a lot of people may have already taken their vacation time from their jobs during the summer and won't be able to get off to come. I just think that early-mid summer will see a much better turn out than fall due to the fact it's already vacation/travel season.

Kyle, as far as your idea about getting an oceanfront hotel for everybody to stay at and having the show there is a great idea. It'd be sweet to have a place on the strip and have a bunch of F-Bodies running around so everyone there knows we're in town!

Quick Reply: 2011 F-Body Beach Bash feedback wanted!