Old 07-12-2012, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Poop...

So, what's everyone doing instead? lol
Old 07-12-2012, 08:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I got all the way up into downtown Florence and the streets were flooded with over 3ft. of water. Almost turned the C6Z into a submarine. Was able to get up into a high parking lot of a gas station and wait it out for 3 hours.

While waiting I called the Drag Strip and got the recording saying the event was canceled. Made the trek back to Myrtle.

jeff
Old 07-12-2012, 09:04 PM
TECH Regular

I was in pouring rain from about Ashville, NC until about an hour from Myrtle, it sucked. I was hydroplaning for a good 2 hours. Anybody know somewhere good in Myrtle Beach I can take my car to clean and detail it now?
Old 07-13-2012, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Wicked 94TA
I was in pouring rain from about Ashville, NC until about an hour from Myrtle, it sucked. I was hydroplaning for a good 2 hours. Anybody know somewhere good in Myrtle Beach I can take my car to clean and detail it now?

I know there is a car wash in south myrtle on business 17 behind a gas station at an intersection (cant remember the street number) and there is one in North myrtle 1-2 miles past Dodges Chicken on the right coming from Myrtle. Thats where I took the vette last night as soon as I got back into town. I feel you about the hydroplaning. The NT05r's were not friendly in the rutted puddled roads.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

What he said^^. Got the ws6 here today and only ran into a sprinkle here and there. Hoping i see some more lt1s so i know im not alone
Old 07-14-2012, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Just got back home from the car show.

It was a nice little event; got to see some ZR-1's and some nice 1st Gens.

LoL, also got piped a couple of times while we were standing by our cars talking to friends.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:58 PM
12 Second Club

I'm not sure when everyone is heading out, but I'll be hitting up North Myrtle Beach Dragstrip in the afternoon. It's an 1/8 mile track not far off the beach. If anyone is interested let me know.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Launching!

I just wanted thank everyone that braved the weather and made it to the event. Didn't rain a drop Friday or Saturday. We had 80+ cars at the show.....which was our best turnout since our group started running this show in 2009.

I hope everyone had a great time. Let me know if you have any feedback so we can try to make improvements. Just to let everyone know we had a food vendor set up but he lost his lease with the mall 3 days before our show. Other than that things went pretty much as planned.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

Wish i coulda made it to some events this year but i didnt have the money too. But it was nice to see some fbodies. Im still down here and the mustangs are already infesting the area.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Staging Lane

Had a good time at the beach for the couple days i was down there now this comment is not coming out of bitterness because my car did win a trophy at the car show.

Some feedback in my opinion is that the judging at the car show could have been done better there was some favoritism shown in this show (again this is in my opinion). In my opinion the car that one best of show (still a nice car) but i work at the chevy dealership and know you can purchase this car the one that should have won had at least $20,000 in custom work done to from engine paint body and rims. The color scheme was carried out through out the entire car... And im sure im not the only person that thought this so you can take this comment however you feel but i am just expressing my opinion and giving you some feedback
Old 07-16-2012, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by camaroman08
Im still down here and the mustangs are already infesting the area.

Haha, what you talking about, we started infesting the place Saturday
Old 07-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Blazin95
Had a good time at the beach for the couple days i was down there now this comment is not coming out of bitterness because my car did win a trophy at the car show.

Some feedback in my opinion is that the judging at the car show could have been done better there was some favoritism shown in this show (again this is in my opinion). In my opinion the car that one best of show (still a nice car) but i work at the chevy dealership and know you can purchase this car the one that should have won had at least $20,000 in custom work done to from engine paint body and rims. The color scheme was carried out through out the entire car... And im sure im not the only person that thought this so you can take this comment however you feel but i am just expressing my opinion and giving you some feedback
I can absolutely assure you that there was no favoritism involved in the the two cars that you mentioned. I didn't even meet the guy until we called his name and he came foward to pick up the trophy. I didn't know the guy with the yellow car either.

We may have made an error...we're human and we could have made a mistake. Four different people judged the cars and we used the total score to determine the winner. We didn't have classes so it makes it very difficult to compare a heavily modied car to a mostly stock car. Our basic criteria was cleanliness and free of defects. We don't add points for mods.....nor do we deduct points when the mods are overdone....then you get into opinions.

Both cars were worthy of Best of Show....but we only had one Best of Show trophy. They still got a kick *** trophy that is better than 99% of the other awards at other shows. Personally I thought the white 67 Camaro and the ZR1 were equally worthy of the Best of Show.......but I only got one vote.
I hate judging new cars......it's almost impossible to separate one from another.

Thanks for the input.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

I had a good time but my only complaint was that we only had an autocross event and we all only got one run around the speedway. I was really looking forward to the burnout competition and the drag racing on the front stretch. What happened to those events?

On another note, I'm still down here and just got back from cruising the strip. It's been soooo much fun messing with the Mustangs and getting looks from almost every one I pass.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Heater
Haha, what you talking about, we started infesting the place Saturday
Haha true story.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:25 AM
Launching!

Unhappy

[QUOTE=Wicked 94TA;16525707]I had a good time but my only complaint was that we only had an autocross event and we all only got one run around the speedway. I was really looking forward to the burnout competition and the drag racing on the front stretch. What happened to those events?

The speedway messed up their scheduling.......they now have NASCAR Driving Experience and they scheduled runs on the same day as our event in error. Our track time was limited to an hour and half.....bummer.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Staging Lane

I didn't mind the limited laps; I just wish they didn't put those tires so close together. One more space apart could have still kept us to safe speeds without having to tighten down on the brakes at every corner.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by redlineshifter
I didn't mind the limited laps; I just wish they didn't put those tires so close together. One more space apart could have still kept us to safe speeds without having to tighten down on the brakes at every corner.
A friend of mine hit one of the tires and put a black strip all the way down the side of his white Camaro. He said when he looked in the mirror it was about about 5 ft off the track.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:23 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=WipFbody;16526299]
Originally Posted by Wicked 94TA
I had a good time but my only complaint was that we only had an autocross event and we all only got one run around the speedway. I was really looking forward to the burnout competition and the drag racing on the front stretch. What happened to those events?

The speedway messed up their scheduling.......they now have NASCAR Driving Experience and they scheduled runs on the same day as our event in error. Our track time was limited to an hour and half.....bummer.
Gotcha, I guess I didn't realize that hindered the burnout competition and drag racing as well, I guess that makes sense.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

Wanted to go, planned to go, was ready to go, then Saturday morning when I went in for work, I found out I was on a different route than my usual and I've only run it twice. So instead of getting off at 1 like I should have, I didn't get done till 3:30-4. Then getting cleaned up and the little over an hour drive, I would have missed it all anyway.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a blast this time at the beach! Cant wait til next year!!!

Quick Reply: 2012 F-Body Beach Bash