Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

What it takes to start a Club?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What it takes to start a Club?

I am from the central WI area and a few of my friends and I want to start a club for some of the area guys, mostly f-bodies, but maybe some Mustangs or other domestic sports cars as well. We know there are a few people in Wausau where we are from who may be interested but also from Stevens Point and Marshfield not to far away. I was wondering what it all takes to start a club, money wise and stuff like that. And also what kind of events some of you other guys in clubs plan throughout the year. My two buddies with TA's and I have gone to the Power Tour the last two years when it has come to WI and this year we are planing on doing the Car Craft Summer Nationals in St. Paul. Besides that maybe some trips to a drag strip as well. What other things are there and how do you get people interested in a freshly started gathering of some nice American Cars.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

I started a club about 3 years ago. (OTL----Team Off The Line) We are a mixture of imports and domestics ranging from TA's to camaro's, vette's, firehawks, sti's, wrx's, 350z, and turbo'd eclipses. It started with me and 5 friends. We designed logo's and decals for the cars and shirts. We attend car shows and the track wearing our race shirts and promoting the name. Over the years people around our towns have come to know the name and wondered how to join up. We now have over 20 members and still growing. All you need to really do is promote your name and what you guys are all about.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Teching In

Same thing here, just we don't have a track around here except for Bandimere which is too far to drive. Just promote your club and people will join if you got the right people
Old 01-18-2006, 11:24 AM
12 Second Club

Me and a bunch of guys from the midwest section started a club by just having regular GTG's last summer. This year it is going to get bigger and we'll do some track events and what not.