Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

Invasion '06 of F-Body Gathering (G10) in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 07:46 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I'll be doing the t-shirt design again this year....so you can plan accordingly (whether you like my designs or not)
Old 02-25-2006, 09:38 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's plan on using the hotel in Louisville that will provide the extra police protection. Price is good, not too far out of the way, and the extra protection is nice.

Please post up if you're going, how many people and rooms you'll need. I'm NOT going to make your reservations for you, but I will try to coordinate with the hotel for how many rooms and that stuff. I'll post up the hotel info not long after I get an idea on headcount.

I'm coordinating with LS1LT1.com on a hotel in Chatanooga. I'll keep you posted on times, dates, routes, etc.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by FBodyPerformer
Wish there was a cruise like that leaving from FL, Id deffinitely be a part of it! Cant wait to see you guys there! Had a blast last year. my first event with my car!
we are working on it
Old 02-27-2006, 07:43 AM
Launching!

Default reply

We're still planning on meeting everyone is BG and going the rest of the way.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Hey guys & gals, to set up the rooms in Louisville and Chattanooga, I'll need to have a pretty close count (cars/people/rooms) of how many. We need to compile a list so if you're going to spend the night in Louisville please post up ASAP. Time is running out on us - 74 days and counting!

Also, the official website for the Gathering is up. Here's the link:

http://www.fbodygathering.net/

Thanks,

Jim
Old 03-21-2006, 03:27 PM
10 Second Club

I live in Nashville, so I'll meet up with yall in murfreesboro.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:07 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

I plan to make my VERY FIRST Gathering this year so I'd definitely be down to cruise down together. I'm in Nashville so I could pick up the cruise down at the Murfreesboro stop when I know where you guys are going to be.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by josh99ta
I plan to make my VERY FIRST Gathering this year so I'd definitely be down to cruise down together. I'm in Nashville so I could pick up the cruise down at the Murfreesboro stop when I know where you guys are going to be.
That info should be pretty well hammered out in the next couple of weeks. Man, time is flying by!
Old 04-05-2006, 09:19 AM
Launching!

Okay, I set up the Microtel Inn hotel for us to stay in Louisville for Wednesday night, May 25. Please call them and set up your reservation now if you'll be staying overnight in Louisville. Here's the phone # for the hotel in Louisville -- 502-266-6590. You MUST tell them you are a part of the "Invasion '06" group to get the group rate of $45.95 - single/$55.95 - double plus taxes. They are even willing to ask for extra police patrols for added security for us!

When you make your reservations please post up and let us know.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn, this is goin to be awesome, I'm about a half hour away from chattanooga, so I guess i'll meet you guys up there. Never been to in a cruise, definately going to be excited surrounded by so many fbodys, even if it's only for an hour or so. This will be my first fbody gathering too, so I'll probably have a grin from the time I wake up that day.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:49 PM
Launching!

I'm with ya Raider. My wife and I did 4 legs of the Hot Rod Power Tour last year in her truck. It was AWESOME! We were going to go the whole way this year, but decided to do the F-Body Gathering instead (I kinda talked her in to it!). I think we're going to have a blast. Just keep subscribed to this thread and I'll keep everyone up to date.

Jim
Old 04-30-2006, 09:12 AM
Launching!

25 Days/14 Hours now.

Does everyone have their reservations made for the hotel in Louisville? We should be posting up info on the hotel in Chattanooga this week.

Who else is joining the Invasion Tour along the way? Please post up and let us know.

We need to set up approximate times when we'll be hitting various areas so everyone can join us along the way.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you already know that I'm meeting up with you guys in Indy and following you down to chattanooga until the other Indy guys catch up on Thursday.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There will be a bunch of us from the Birmingham F-Body Association cruising over on Friday the 26th. We'll see yall there.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

I'll be meeting up with everyone in Chatanooga.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Launching!

This is going to be a blast!
Old 05-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Launching!

Looks like GM is bringing some awesome cars to G10.

This info is from when FBodFather posted a reply on a thread on CZ28.com. Here's the link to the post: http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448075

Fbodfather
ALMIGHTY MEMBER
Premium Member

Posts: 1,316 Re: Big Thanks to Scott! and Atlanta Show Impressions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"to all of you.....it was our pleasure to be able to host you for a special morning with the Camaro Concept. We DO realize how valuable our enthusiasts are to us. (yup...sometimes doesn't seem like we do....esp. when we seemed to leave you hanging from 2002 until now) (but then that's why I kept saying 'keep the faith' -- even tho I couldn't talk about a lot of stuff)

It gives me incredible pleasure to see the looks in peoples' eyes when they see the car for the first time.......and I'm even more elated that -- for the most part -- those who didn't like the pictures -- love the car once they see it in person.

We'll be bringing it to Atlanta again for the Fbody Gathering over Memorial Day weekend ( www.fbodygathering.com ) and hope you'll be able to stop by.

(also bringing:

Z06
TB/SS
COPO Caprice (betcha didn't even know we built one, didja?)
V12 Caprice (yup...not a mistype)
PPG Series Camaro Pace Car
Firebird Goldrush"

Hope no one minds me cutting and pasting this.
Jim
Old 05-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Default Don't Delay ANY Longer!!!

Everyone, I just spoke with the GM of the Microtel Inn here in Louisville. Here's the phone # for the hotel in Louisville -- 502-266-6590. You MUST tell them you are a part of the "Invasion '06" group to get the group rate of $45.95 - single/$55.95 - double plus taxes.

She said she only has one reservation for Wednesday May 24th. She has already requested police patrols for that evening. In an earlier post I said Wednesday, May 25th. If you made a reservation for May 25th, please change it to the 24th.

The hotel in Chattanooga we'll be using is:
Ramada Inn Lookout Mountain West
30 Birmingham Hwy
423-821-7162
Chattanooga TN 37419
Its 100 yards off 1-24
Group Rate is $52.99/single (king size bed), $57/double (2 double beds) includes free hot breakfast and they have an heated indoor pool

When you make reservations for either (both) hotels, You MUST tell them you are a part of the "Invasion '06" group to get the group rate.

Please reply in this thread if you're staying @ either hotel so I can give the GMs a more accurate count for rooms.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Default Where We Meeting???

*** We need to set up times and locations for folks to join up along the way. The obvious places in Chattanooga and Louisville are @ the hotels before we leave each morning. People can also join us @ the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green. We're also making a stop @ the JD Distillery in Lynchburg, TN and a lunch stop in Murfreesboro, TN (don't know where - any ideas?). Do we also want to plan a stop in Nashville or ??? I am open to suggestions.

Gotta get this hammered out now - only 13 days left!!!

Thanks all,

Jim
Old 05-10-2006, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

Man, I would love to come in and cruise with y'all. I have never been a part of a cruise before. But I live about 30 minutes north of Atlanta, so I don't think that's possible. What time are y'all expecting to arrive at the hotel Friday night? I am going to be leaving to go down there directly after school that day and should be there at 4:30 at the latest with rough traffic. I'll be there before all of you, surely, so I would like to set up some lawn chairs and such and just watch all of you come into the hotel

Quick Reply: Invasion '06 of F-Body Gathering (G10) in Atlanta