Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

PINKS ALL OUT is a JOKE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I said this like a year ago in another post...PINKS is whack...too many commercials..not enough RACING..too much TALKING...it should be like it was back in the day...you roll up and RACE FOR PINKS....if you didnt think your car had the *****, you DIDNT race...PINKS is a bit too much fluff and hollywood for me, I still love to see the cars though...mm I love them cars

PEACE
Old 12-22-2006, 11:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99FRC
I agree!! Since when did street racing (what the show is supposed to be based on) involve lengths? If your car isn't fast enough to run with someone heads up, you sit on the sidelines and STFU!!!!
Exactly, Racing should always be heads up, Not no BS "give me 2 cars" I will always know "You win some You lose some!" Its when you lose it is time to go faster! and not bitch like a little school girl "Oh I would of won if you gave me the hit or 2 spots"
Old 12-22-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think the major thing to me is the BULLSHIT....how people will be like "i have a 12 second car, thats what we brought" and they know damn well that bitch runs 10s....there needs to be something to address the bs sandbagging issue....push the car or get off the track
Old 12-22-2006, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

from what I remember of the first season, it was better. a little more boring, no flash or drama, but the pure racing seemed better. they usually filmed at night, on a closed track, no big crowds, race teams with entourages, all that bullshit. and the cars weren't pulled out of the weeds and slapped together a week before, they were actual street cars that people owned and drove daily. I seem to remember someone losing his 4th gen f-body, maybe a TA. obvious street car, and to see how upset he was, it looked like it was his daily driver.
I'm really sick of the 30 person posse and professional race shops/teams that are the norm now. It's not as big a deal if you yank a junkyard car for $200, slap cheap a suspension and slicks on it, and put in a used race motor/trans with acres of NOS, run and lose that, then it is to buy a new/used street car for $10k-30k, drive it daily, buy/install parts, then put that on the line.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Pinks sux, ..., Worst show on tv these days, ..., I can't stand to watch it, ..., So I don't anymore!
Old 12-23-2006, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

:homo: ......
Old 12-23-2006, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Old 12-23-2006, 11:12 PM
12 Second Club

Only liked the one when my buddy was on it
Old 12-24-2006, 01:04 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

I watched the one when they where in TX and there was a lot of fast rides but I saw a ton more cars that would have made a lot better show. No one on that show knows Jack about cars except where to put the key. Like I once said there should be a show where people send in RACING style videos and do filmings at tracks of real cars/ real people all out for PRIDE and non of this crying BS stick a tampon in it and stop for cryin out loud. Besides knowing damn well u get ur car back when its all said and done anyways. I would give someone back there car for a small fee.. Called a tank of Gas.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think id give back a car to....but id be a little more harsh....id take ONE item from the car id really want ie motor or tranny or nx setup....and ONE item that the car cant function without....so i could watch them push it back on there trailor.....EVEN THOUGH theyd still have there car....
Old 12-25-2006, 10:15 PM
10 Second Club

See any resembalance ?

Old 12-25-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

i think it'd be better if there was no bitchin and complaining, way less commercials, cut out the import crap and run what they bring instead of oh i need 7 links blah blah blah thats crap who would want to say yeah i won he gave me 7 links i mean wtf.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:36 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
from what I remember of the first season, it was better. a little more boring, no flash or drama, but the pure racing seemed better. they usually filmed at night, on a closed track, no big crowds, race teams with entourages, all that bullshit. and the cars weren't pulled out of the weeds and slapped together a week before, they were actual street cars that people owned and drove daily. I seem to remember someone losing his 4th gen f-body, maybe a TA. obvious street car, and to see how upset he was, it looked like it was his daily driver.
I'm really sick of the 30 person posse and professional race shops/teams that are the norm now. It's not as big a deal if you yank a junkyard car for $200, slap cheap a suspension and slicks on it, and put in a used race motor/trans with acres of NOS, run and lose that, then it is to buy a new/used street car for $10k-30k, drive it daily, buy/install parts, then put that on the line.
I agree. I thought the first season was much better. Granted most of the cars were slower, but there wasn't all this hyped up crap. What they should do is just have the owner drive the car and negotiate. Let them have 1 spotter at the end to tell them how the race went. The problem with the show now other than the huge crowds and posses is that people are just bringing out straight up racecars. The first season was guys who wanted to come on and race. Now companies are just looking at it as cheap advertising. They'll throw together a car out of spare parts and stick huge banners all over it. They don't care if they lose, just spare parts to them.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:12 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

The wife and I watched one yesterday of a Mustang with a Chevy 355 vs some little ricer car. The mustang was sandbagging like no tomarrow and no one on the show could pick it up. You could see that the mustang was on and off the throttle just enough to win..... thats GAY. RUN it full out.

Quick Reply: PINKS ALL OUT is a JOKE!