Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

Trans Am nationals

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianB
That's my ride, didn't get to stay in my class and meet anyone, had another car in a different class and a friend in the same one. I can't believe the two cars that won in the K-3 class. I thought for sure that NASTYTRANSAM or his buddies Pewter bird were going to get something. Nice cars, nice pics, awesome time!

Thanks I thought your car looked good also ..... Super rare color I was shocked to see two in the same class........
Old 08-29-2007, 07:32 PM
12 Second Club

It was good seeing some of ya guys there. I always look forward to this event, especially the tipp city cruise inn
Old 08-29-2007, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sunset01TA
I go every year we are pretty fortunate to have The TA nats in our back yard. I go to meet up with everybody and see the best group of cars in one location. I's like a mini vacation for me I will continue to go every year to support the firebird nation. Just think they could cancel the show like they did our cars then what would we do? Go to our local car show and see like 25 cars.
I'm gratful they put the show on and I will support it even if I never win anything except friends.
same here, im less than a minute from the show and ill NEVER miss it. i look forward to the T/a nats more than i do anything all year. january first every year i make sure i request the weekend of the show off just to make sure i have it. id be totatlly bummed if they stopped doing it. i go for the cars and the people, its not often you get a chance to talk to that many fbody people let alone find that many people that share the same interest in person, outside of your local fbody clubs. i think its pretty awesome to see people come from half way across the US just to come out and show off their birds.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sunset01TA
I go every year we are pretty fortunate to have The TA nats in our back yard. I go to meet up with everybody and see the best group of cars in one location. I's like a mini vacation for me I will continue to go every year to support the firebird nation. Just think they could cancel the show like they did our cars then what would we do? Go to our local car show and see like 25 cars.
I'm gratful they put the show on and I will support it even if I never win anything except friends.

Totally agree with you here. I am going every year whether I bring a car or not. It was great to see so many Firebirds together and Tipp City was great. Next year I will have my car there and hopefully the judging will be better.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 4Birdman
There ya go, that's the attitude to have right there. I have some friends who get all pissed when they don't bring home anything, it ruins their whole weekend. They don't even enjoy driving the car because they are worried about messing it up for shows.

I'd rather drive the car and enjoy it, that's why we have body shops, right?
I know a guy who didn't come because he thought it was going to rain on his car!
Old 08-30-2007, 09:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

I actually had one guy and start laughing at the clearcoat peeling off two of my wheels. He was calling to his friends without realizing I was sitting right there. That kind of pissed me off. Sorry if I got the production errors on the first set of wheels ever made like mine, that's the price you pay for trying to be a little different.

I had plans to have them widened and recleared, just don't want to have the car sitting up with no wheels while the weather is so nice. I want to drive this thing.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 4Birdman
I actually had one guy and start laughing at the clearcoat peeling off two of my wheels. He was calling to his friends without realizing I was sitting right there. That kind of pissed me off. Sorry if I got the production errors on the first set of wheels ever made like mine, that's the price you pay for trying to be a little different.

I had plans to have them widened and recleared, just don't want to have the car sitting up with no wheels while the weather is so nice. I want to drive this thing.
My stock 02 WS6 wheels had really poor polishing under the clear coat--so after 4 years I bought some Y2K chrome wheels so I had some wheels that would shine --then in "MM" , I was parked next to a guy who spent $900 a wheel on his car.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Resident

It was good seeing everyone...........I am just glad tipp city didnt rain out best part of the show. I just think they need to look into the judging and teching issues a lil more. If they could fix that it would be a awesome event. I mean i am kinda curious on what they counted me off on my car for? I mean you could eat of my wheels, suspension and wheel wells!!!lol I am not tryin to sound like a complainer, everyones car was nice but its just that they have some issues I feel. POCI for me next year!!! I may be over just saturday for tipp city though.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bigrob339
It was good seeing everyone...........I am just glad tipp city didnt rain out best part of the show. I just think they need to look into the judging and teching issues a lil more. If they could fix that it would be a awesome event. I mean i am kinda curious on what they counted me off on my car for? I mean you could eat of my wheels, suspension and wheel wells!!!lol I am not tryin to sound like a complainer, everyones car was nice but its just that they have some issues I feel. POCI for me next year!!! I may be over just saturday for tipp city though.
Rob--good seeing you again. I understand what you are saying. I did wheels off before the show and my car was spotless. You can usually get your score sheets from Sue for $5. I'll check on it. Last year when you won MM your car was tops. When I got my sheets one of the judges gave me 3's on almost everything--(62 total)--I got 95 from the other guy. One judge did not even go to the back of my car. I guess he didn't like Silver. It's very subjective.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bird Man
Rob--good seeing you again. I understand what you are saying. I did wheels off before the show and my car was spotless. You can usually get your score sheets from Sue for $5. I'll check on it. Last year when you won MM your car was tops. When I got my sheets one of the judges gave me 3's on almost everything--(62 total)--I got 95 from the other guy. One judge did not even go to the back of my car. I guess he didn't like Silver. It's very subjective.
Yeah it is and I guess you cant do away with that because thats human nature, i am more curious on what they rated my car personally. I mean not only did i do wheels off, it was detailed underneath the car lol But oh well I had fun and its over now lol Just drives me now 2 make my car better, maybe new wheel package COUGH..iforged..COUGH and some other goodies for next year, that is if i come to it next year lol
Old 08-30-2007, 10:54 AM
11 Second Club

BIGROB your my Hero even if you didn't win TA Nationals
Old 08-31-2007, 05:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
My T/A national pictures ..... Sorry I really like taking pictures of my car

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc162/nastytransam/
You have a nice car. I like the wheels. A friend of mine has one out in omaha ne that looks just like yours.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It was my first big car show so I didn't know what to expect. The judging was interesting but I dont have much to compare it to. It did suck that I did wheels off, under car cleaning, ect...like bigrob and the judges only looked the car over for 5 mins. I wish I had more time to detail under the hood, maybe I would have done better than 3rd. I am happy though considering it was my first show. I am going to get my sheets from sue because I am interested in the results.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02SOMLS1WS6
It was my first big car show so I didn't know what to expect. The judging was interesting but I dont have much to compare it to. It did suck that I did wheels off, under car cleaning, ect...like bigrob and the judges only looked the car over for 5 mins. I wish I had more time to detail under the hood, maybe I would have done better than 3rd. I am happy though considering it was my first show. I am going to get my sheets from sue because I am interested in the results.
What class were you in?
Old 09-03-2007, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What class were you in?
I was in I-3, heavy modified, 98 to present.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02SOMLS1WS6
I was in I-3, heavy modified, 98 to present.
How many cars were in that class? How won?
Old 09-04-2007, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think 18 cars. They gave trophies to top 3.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bird man I was checking out your 07 pics, nice car. I must have missed it on Sunday. I missed the SOM TA also, do you know where he got the under hood cover or is it custom?
Old 09-04-2007, 09:39 PM
11 Second Club

I most of like your car I took pictures on the power tour.....

Old 09-04-2007, 09:43 PM
11 Second Club

If you guys that seen BigRob's Car at nationals didn't think it had ever had been beatin on well here is some footage .... And I got to drive HAHAHA

check this out https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...96#post7728996