Other Special Events Gatherings | Shows | Cruises

Ocean City,MD 08 may 15th-18th car show

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ocean City,MD 08 may 15th-18th car show

Any one here going? Any one been to this before and can give me some information, i want to know do the cops heavily patroll the streets for people doing burnouts or do they not care to much.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

Yeh me and my buddy are going down there. Ive been going down there to the spring and fall shows for probally 10 years. If it doesn't rain its like the best time because there are thousands of cars just runnin up and down coastal hwy. The cops are all over the place but mostly around hooters. But if you don't do anything stupid they wont bother you. Just make sure everything is up to snuff on your car like your lights cause they'll try and get you for anything. But other than the cops its awsome.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Launching!

Thank you because the car show i normally go to is wildwood,NJ and the cops now bust everyone for doing burnouts. About 7 years ago the cops didnt do much and people went crazy it was so fun. Now its boring and not as many people come. But even though this car show is for pre 1976 cars are there alot of newer nice cars driving around
Old 02-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Yeh there are plenty of newer nice cars. I mean there are way more old cars but there are a fair share of newer ones too. If you type in ocean city in the search you'll get a couple threads. Theres gonna be some ls1 techers down there and were supposed to have a mini car show of our own it should be awasome.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

yeah it will be fun i will be there some of us from ls1 tech will be meeting on 45th street on sat and friday we will be driving to a dyno like 10-15 bad *** lsx's so hope to see you there!
Old 02-18-2008, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To answer the o.p.'s question, the wifee and I go every year(one in the spring and one in the fall). Yes there are a shitload of cops there who have NO sense of humor when it comes to burnouts.They import cops from Baltimore, D.C and Annapolis Md. for the event.Hooters on Ocean Hwy. is where most of the spectators hang out.Its a good time tho.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Go to the eastern section there's a thread on people going, but yes the cops patrol every block it seems like and will get you for just about everything, but its still a good time with old and modern muscle

Quick Reply: Ocean City,MD 08 may 15th-18th car show