Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Leaving the car outside

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaving the car outside

Im forced to leave the Z outside this winter cause my whole garage is taken up by my engine build stuff and other crap. Im just wondering if you think it will damage the paint or create any sort of rust. the paint on it is or maybe was in very good condition and its covered in snow right now. Its supposed to sleet and snow 8-11 inches tonight

so you think she'll be alright come spring time? I dont really have the money to go buy a car cover but maybe i will if its necessary.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

the cars going to be fine. trust me man i live not even 20 minutes from you and i had my 94 outside almost every winter because the garage is taken by the vettes. i just covered the car up and that was that. you'll be good to go. if i woulda known a about a month ago you needed storage i would have had an extra spot.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Regular

thanks for the offer but it would have to be towed there anyway since its not running. but if it opens up i might be interested.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

ill let you know if it frees. i could hook you up with a good towing company that my shop deals with like theres no tomorow unless you have a trailer.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

throw a nice cover or two on top. Check it once a week and make sure theres no moisture. Wouldn't put anything cloth or plastic on it, cloth would hold moisture and screw up the paint. Good luck