Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Paintless Dent Removal

Old 12-24-2008, 11:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Paintless Dent Removal

I have 2 door ding "dents" in my driver side quarter panel. One is basically in the middle of the quarter panel and the other one is like an inch and a half away from the door jam. What is the best way to get them removed besides a body shop. Do any of those dyi dent pullers work for our cars, dry ice?
Old 12-25-2008, 11:59 AM
Teching In

No dry ice will not work, and the dent pullers they sell will not pull the dent correct, i am a bodyman, and just finished up my paintless dent repair classes, normally we use specific rods in order to "push" the dent out but if you are planning on doin this yourself you can use the glue method which wont ruin ur paint and its hard to mess up just go buy yourself a glue gun from walmart, then go do a paintless dent repair store and buy some of their red glue, glue tabs, and a puller its not all that expensive and will pay for itself when u start pulling all sorts of door dents out. the key is to put the glue in the center of your tab, hold it above the dent letting the glue start to drip off the tab a little and place the drip in the center of your dent and hold the tab so the stays flat with the panel once its dry use your puller and it should pop right out. if not keep trying some dents take 5 or 6 glue pulls, and it takes a little practice to get good. also dont use too much glue or u can pull the entire surrounding area up aswell and then u have a highspot with a dent in the middle of it.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:48 PM
12 Second Club

what type of stores, autozone, have the glue, tabs, and puller?
Old 12-25-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95birdman
No dry ice will not work, and the dent pullers they sell will not pull the dent correct, i am a bodyman, and just finished up my paintless dent repair classes, normally we use specific rods in order to "push" the dent out but if you are planning on doin this yourself you can use the glue method which wont ruin ur paint and its hard to mess up just go buy yourself a glue gun from walmart, then go do a paintless dent repair store and buy some of their red glue, glue tabs, and a puller its not all that expensive and will pay for itself when u start pulling all sorts of door dents out. the key is to put the glue in the center of your tab, hold it above the dent letting the glue start to drip off the tab a little and place the drip in the center of your dent and hold the tab so the stays flat with the panel once its dry use your puller and it should pop right out. if not keep trying some dents take 5 or 6 glue pulls, and it takes a little practice to get good. also dont use too much glue or u can pull the entire surrounding area up aswell and then u have a highspot with a dent in the middle of it.

sorry i disagree with the dry ice. it worked extremely well on my hood that had severe hail damage and also took a nice dent out of the side of my bed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Paintless Dent Removal