Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Car Just Painted: Zaino ok right now?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car Just Painted: Zaino ok right now?

I just had my Z28 repaired after a nasty rear end collision. The entire *** end has new paint and everything and the doors and roof have fresh clear that is about 2 weeks old now. Is it ok to use my PCable and Zaino (Z2 & Z5 but no Swirl Cutter obviously) right now since it is not technically a wax?

Thanks!

-Karl
Old 12-25-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

absolutely not! actually zaino is almost worse the a wax because its a sealent. putting a few layers of that on is going to seal the paint up real good and before you know it, its either going to crack or start lifting. i normally tell people wait 30 days at the bare minimum. i like to wait atleast 60 to be safe.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

i agree with the above. you DO NOT want to use any type of wax or sealer for at least 60 days. i tell people to wait at least 3 months.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sal Zaino Says it OK to use on Fresh paint. I had my Sail Panel replaced recently, I emailed Sal after I had the Car back for a week, And He said it was OK to use Z2 or Z5 on it. I think He knows what he's taking about!!
Old 12-25-2008, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cheetoh
Sal Zaino Says it OK to use on Fresh paint. I had my Sail Panel replaced recently, I emailed Sal after I had the Car back for a week, And He said it was OK to use Z2 or Z5 on it. I think He knows what he's taking about!!

rofl. ask sal if he is going to pay for the panel to be resprayed if all the paint starts bubbling from you putting zaino on it.

you know what he is going to tell you? "wow, thats never happened before! unfortunately i can't be sure that the paint was applied properly or that my product caused that to happen."

that leaves you holding the bill for new paint. why take the chance?

NEW PAINT DOES NOT NEED WAX/SEALER!!!!! IT IS NEW,DUH!!!
Old 12-26-2008, 01:02 AM
TECH Regular

there is always this debate. you could go to many body shops detail departments and find they use wax. i have used wax for the past 6 years on new paint and never had a problem.it all depends on how its cured baked air dry or forced air and for how long
Old 12-26-2008, 10:05 AM
TECH Addict

most say weight 30 days. a lot of production shops are only baking cars for 35-30 minutes now days instead of an hour like it should be. basically then you wait till the next day to buff it if your using a fast or extra fast hardner and reducer and you can have a constant flow of cars in and out of the booth. when i worked at the restoration shop before it closed down we always baked stuff for an hour. personally i dont care what manufactuers say i wouldnt use a sealent on a car for atleast 30 days unless you go to wizards. they make a breathable one which will be fine on the car or like a meguiars hand polish will be good aswell.

Quick Reply: Car Just Painted: Zaino ok right now?