Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

dick harrell body style

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 05:23 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We might come out with a similar front bumper but it is three projects away right now...

In the meantime, you could:

1) Buy the Sunoco Hood

2) Get the fenders off EGay

3) Buy my splitter and have a body shop graft it into the bumper

Here's my car with the hood and splitter, gets the feel of the Dick Harrell cars at least...

Old 02-04-2009, 05:24 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ooops, that was photoshopped rims pic, here's original:

Old 02-04-2009, 07:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ElectronSS
cant weld fiberglass to steel. however you can use panelbond to glue the overlays onto the quarter. what you see in hte pic is screws holding it temporary in place. the overlays have been 3M panelbond'd and glass over.

Im not sure of any bodyshop that uses bondo, I have used Duraglass and Rage on the quarter and will be using Icing once its time.

OOPs my bad, I was under the assumtion that they were metal. Yeah, just pannel bod it to the quarter and a lil glass shoud to the trick.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well to add my two cents in on this thread. There is no one that make production fenders that look like the Dick Harrel car. GMMG is the compnay that made the cars. THey won't release those fender to the public. I even tried lying to them and told them I wrecked one and needed fenders for it. Sorry yor SOL. I started a thread a while back with a lot of good hit. all failed. search "not another wide body camaro tread" or somehting like that. He did his own. ANd he can walk you threw thge steps of making them. How ever there are some on Ebay that you can buy. Never heard of any good coming from them tho. They have a lot of fittment issues. I hope this helps you out. I steered away from doing this. After I researched it a while.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RsSean
Well to add my two cents in on this thread. There is no one that make production fenders that look like the Dick Harrel car. GMMG is the compnay that made the cars. THey won't release those fender to the public. I even tried lying to them and told them I wrecked one and needed fenders for it. Sorry yor SOL. I started a thread a while back with a lot of good hit. all failed. search "not another wide body camaro tread" or somehting like that. He did his own. ANd he can walk you threw thge steps of making them. How ever there are some on Ebay that you can buy. Never heard of any good coming from them tho. They have a lot of fittment issues. I hope this helps you out. I steered away from doing this. After I researched it a while.
I am the guy he is refering to, and I did start with the ebay ones as well, I just had to put a lot of work into the quarters to make them work. I had tried several other meathods that didn't work first. I tried block foam as a base to glass over=fail, I tried spray foam as a base to glass over=fail, I tried sheet metal= I couldn't get the right shape and wasn't happy with it. When I bought the ebay ones I knew they wouldn't be perfect, but I figured it was a decent base to start with, and it was.

All n all, not a mod for the faint of heart, but if you want it and are willing to put in the time & effort (and have the knowledge of what your doing) it is well worth it. Ebay kit is not a bad base to start with as long as you understand that you will have to do a lot of improvising.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if that convertable Camaro was ever done? I'm about to get a convertable car and I was considering doing the wide body but I can't find anybody else thats done it. And that guy is banned so I can't PM him.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Stocker94z
Does anyone know if that convertable Camaro was ever done? I'm about to get a convertable car and I was considering doing the wide body but I can't find anybody else thats done it. And that guy is banned so I can't PM him.
Nope just t-top or hard-top cars.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:08 PM
12 Second Club

I happen to know first hand that the DH wide body kits are unbelieveable pain in the *** to fit to the cars, and yes you cant get them at all. not to mention there were no innner fenders! I do know that there is a vert out there somewhere! I have seen it and its 1 of 1 Its not finished yet but its bad ***! I am sure its going to slip quietly into the night to its final destination and not be heard of for many years! but it does exist! Promise!
Old 05-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

Does anyone know how to track down the ebay ones? I have tried several seaches and always come up short. I have read just about every thread of McNord's car and I agree they won't do much more then be a good base to start from but my car is old enough that I really can't do anything wrong per say.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Teching In

So did anyone ever find a real kit to do a clone of the Dick Harrell cars??

Old 10-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Default New member hello

I OWN A 02 SS LOOKING TO MOD IT http://www.freewebs.com/roxii007/fir...ansamaddon.htm
Old 10-25-2012, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

http://www.freewebs.com/roxii007/camaroaddons.htm

worth a look.. some guy whos making the SUNOCO pieces... not sure how they would fit

Quick Reply: dick harrell body style