Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

I need an estimate want to fix this before spring!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I need an estimate want to fix this before spring!

IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/642kgi.jpg[/IMG]
this is the scratch on the rear passanger side bumper how much for repaint?

front of the fender near bumper

the paint started peeling off the top of the fender this isnt the stock fender and i was aware of it when i bought the car but it started peeling and its seems to weigh less then the left fender so how much for a new right stock fender painted?

ok this is the lil metal piece under the right front door i believe its called the k member but im not sure my little brother hit it when parking, a curb was sticking out supposidly. Its scratched and dented but only near the front right fender. I dunno what to do about it.

I know the damages arent that serious, the most expensive thing i think is gunna be getting the new fender/ paint but i just need an estimate and i dunno if I should go to insurance about it but i want my car lookin new before spring and I was just wondering how much this is gunna run me?
thanx for the help fellas and if you guys know any good places i can bring it to in orange county Ny that would be awesome 2 thanx. The less i have to spend the better
Old 01-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by xXGhosTBirDXx; 10-18-2009 at 04:34 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Launching!

the pics arent that great i used my camera phone in the garage but everything else is fine like the door the bumper its just that front right fender that k member and those scratches on the rear passanger bumper, the link isnt workin for that 1 tho your gunna have to put it in your browser 2 view it.. any help would be greatly appreciated thanx in advance
Old 01-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Launching!

so basically how much is it to paint a fender i found a stock fender on ebay for $200?
How much to paint the rear bumper with the scratches in the pic?
and how much 2 bang out that k member n throw some paint on it so it looks normal?

and should i go thru insurance?

Last edited by 98FoRmULa_BiRd; 01-05-2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: found out my answer
Old 01-05-2009, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well for starters... that doesnt look like any K member i ever seen, looks more like the rocker panel. your K member is not an exterior part, more so under the car. some call it the engine cradle. and the pics are really really crappy, maybe with better pics others will chime in as i am not knowledged enough in auto body work. gl
Old 01-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Launching!

yea sorry thats what i meant rocker panel not the k member its got a dent in it right near the fender...

here are some new pics maybe you guys can help me out with an estimate

fender cant really see the paint chippin on this 1 but if u look at the ones on top you'll get see the paint chipping

heres the rocker panel/fender

and the scratch on the rear bumper

lemme kno if you need more pics

Last edited by 98FoRmULa_BiRd; 01-05-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Launching!

nebody?
Old 01-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Teching In

Okay I see now. Dude can you drive it? Just take it to some shop and ask them for an estimate. Or call up some shops and tell them how much they would charge. I would guess around 1-3K cause your in NY. e.g. on my brother's 91 lincoln...new bumper and paint was already $700 bucks here in El Paso TX, but State Farm paid for that. Just an idea
Old 01-08-2009, 11:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

$500 is what i would charge and i might be on the high end for me.its a nothing job if a shop says 1-3 grand run the hell outta therealso tell them your paying for it not insurance
Old 01-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Launching!

Man i'd give you $500 cash in a heartbeat... I wish you were located in Ny. I know its not that damaged its just a new fender, the rocker panel needs 2 be banged out and that little scratch on the back bumper is just scratched on the paint, I wouldn't need whole new bumper...and of course paint for all of these parts, $500 would be right in my budget i just have a feeling that these shops are gunna charge me crazy money... I found a stock fender though so basically im just looking at them to fix the rocker panel and paint the fender/rocker and bumper, im hopin i can get a good price on this... These dumb scratches have been driving me insane. If anyone knows any shops that would do it cheap and do good work in orange county ny lemme know..
Old 01-12-2009, 12:45 AM
Launching!

so next question any1 kno ne body shops in ny where my wallet won't get raped? preferably orange county ny?
Old 03-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Launching!

alright fellaz i went 2 the body shop to get a quote on them painting a fender which im supplying and a rocker panel that needs 2 get banged out and painted and they quoted me $849 doesn't that seem really high ? I also have scratches on the rear passenger quater panel do you think these can be buffed out or does it need paint also? pic below... I was hoping the whole thing would be 800 dollars...

on the quater panel its just the scratches on the middle the bottom is just dirt can these be buffed out?

its just the scratches on the bottom on this one the car is a lil dirty its been in the garage for the winter

Quick Reply: I need an estimate want to fix this before spring!