Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

pricing. new hood and spoiler w/ manta

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question pricing. new hood and spoiler w/ manta

don't know much about painting so i gotta take my car into the shop and i'm trying to get a rough estimate of what to expect to pay before i go get quotes. i just picked me up a SS hood and SS spoiler. the hood is NBM with the clear peeling and the spoiler is in primer black ready for paint. i wanna get it painted to match my car but i dunno about 6yrs of faded paint, imo the paint still looks good but will that be a problem as far as just painting the hood and spoiler? do they need to blend in the panels? i was also wanting to get the manta stripe painted on as well while its getting done. the manta that goes onto the hatch and paints the 2 points on the spoiler with the pinstriping. any estimates?

thanks!
Old 01-18-2009, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Well I know that to strip a bumper and put new paint matched to it which is 8 years old, It cost the kid who hit me $651. But I don't know because a hood is gonna be smaller and if it's already off the car that helps. The spoiler i would think would only be like 150 and I'm guessing the hood will be about 400 range.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

from what i understand, the ss hood and spoiler are painted separately from the rest of the car anyways (they are the last to be put on the car when it turns into an ss). take a look at a real ss and you will see what i'm talking about. i would just bring them the spoiler and hood and your paint code and have them paint it.

Quick Reply: pricing. new hood and spoiler w/ manta