Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Touch up paint help

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 06:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Touch up paint help

Hey guys ive got some scratches on my new truck that im needing to touch up. Its on the front bumper which is plastic in this particular spot. Im going to buy the paint from GM. My question is how do i make this look nice. In the past its turned out well . Can you guys please give me some pointers as im a rookie at this? thanks.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:09 PM
10 Second Club

i would go to your local paint store, ppg, dupont or what not and let them scan your truck to pull the color pretty much close on the money, and if you want to get technical they can check the variance of the color to get it right on, they can mix you a little bottle of touch up for a few bucks, it would be much closer to match then the oem bottles you buy!!!! But as far as applying it, put a verry light coar on first, let it dry a little and repeat until covered farily well... should look ok!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Staging Lane

damn that sucks
can you post a pic?
wet sand with 1000 grit then 2000 grit and buff; you wont see it that bad if its a deep scratch
if its not deep it will completely go away.
it might be more shiny than the whole truck but one problem at a time!
Old 01-20-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Addict

Well i went to the dealer to purchase the oem paint before reading this. lol it was only $11.
The area im treating is no larger than a paper punched hole ( if that makes sense). I would have left it but my g/f is haggling me about it

Quick Reply: Touch up paint help