Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

How do you mold a plyurethane body kit on?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh iam sorry god i didnt know you were online on ls1tech.com please forgive my wrong doing

last one i did it was still fiberflex, but hey apprently you, "god" knows more so i bow out gracefully
Old 03-17-2009, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bdyman
oh iam sorry god i didnt know you were online on ls1tech.com please forgive my wrong doing

last one i did it was still fiberflex, but hey apprently you, "god" knows more so i bow out gracefully

As long as you recognize what you did wrong, i'll forgive you this one time. But dont let it happen again or i WILL SHMITE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! lol jj but seriously, F*** off
Old 03-18-2009, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

now now god thats no way to talk, iam but a humble servent, my 20 yrs experience means nothing in the eyes of the heavenly father the creator of all, please dont strike me down please

i beg of you god
Old 03-18-2009, 03:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bdyman
now now god thats no way to talk, iam but a humble servent, my 20 yrs experience means nothing in the eyes of the heavenly father the creator of all, please dont strike me down please

i beg of you god

If you have 20 yrs experience why dont you walk us through the process please? And post some pics of some before and after jobs that you yourself have done? IM not being an *** im really asking. If you really do have that much experience and know that much, then why cant you just post up the correct way to do it, and what to use instead of posting an insulting condescending response?

And what exactly does a fender tech do?

Last edited by evilZO6; 03-18-2009 at 03:24 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Staging Lane

You have a buy a kit (sell at canadian tire or any auto shop). Its a 2 parts like J-Bee weld but in bigger tube. Its a blue and pink tube, forgot the name put its for bumper repair. Its a white box whit some yellow, blue and pink line. I try to find the exact name.

- Scratch till there is no paint and the back of the piece you want to add (use 60-80 grit)
- apply the the product on 1 peice (bumper in your case)
- place the body kit in place
- drill some hole and put rivet (to make sure its at the right place)
- wait 12hrs (this stuff is a long time cure)
- remove rivet
- apply the same stuff to cover the edge and the hole
- apply this stuff till the end becausse it will stay flexible. You can only use regular bondo for cover the hole a you last sanding.

Sorry for my english.

Last edited by simpleboy77; 03-18-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Staging Lane

I PM you a link to see the product. Dont know if I can post the link because of the forum rules (non sponsor site).
Old 03-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

I dont know much about Urethane but every body kit that we've molded on before that ive seen plastic or not has been Gorilla hair, then bondo overlay. And this has always seemed to work. Or as you call it Kitty hair, as far as i know there the same thing, correct me if im wrong but the stuff is pretty flexable so it wont crack on you. Good luck otherwise. .02
Old 03-20-2009, 05:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sictransit00
I dont know much about Urethane but every body kit that we've molded on before that ive seen plastic or not has been Gorilla hair, then bondo overlay. And this has always seemed to work. Or as you call it Kitty hair, as far as i know there the same thing, correct me if im wrong but the stuff is pretty flexable so it wont crack on you. Good luck otherwise. .02
Gorilla Hair lol, i've never heard of that! Like Gorilla snot that super glue stuff. Or Monkey Blood that stuff for cuts. lol. Yea, i think im heading that way thank you for your imput!
Old 03-20-2009, 10:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Use duramix by 3M or the SEM products. Those are used to bond plastics and plastics to other materials. You don't need a professional to do it. You need patience and willingness to learn. Bodywork is not hard but tedious.

Quick Reply: How do you mold a plyurethane body kit on?