Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Kinda strange paint job project -

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Kinda strange paint job project -

Hi guys!

I have a rather unorthodox paint job project. My firebird has the "blue/green chameleon" paint job - you know, navy color with green highlights. I'm currently building a custom guitar that I think would look pretty sweet with that paint job on it, (Strat body with a Jackson neck with binding.). But I need some info and I was wondering if there was anyone who could help out.

1. Can anybody tell me where I can get the necessary paint.

2. I'm sure there are special instructions on how to properly achieve this two-tone effect. Where can I find them?

3. I'll also need to know what materials would be appropriate to prime it with. Some guitars have a urethane put on first, then a primer, etc. I'll be putting it on Alder wood.

4. Do you think I'll need an airbrush and compressor for painting cars?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! And I'll post photos of it when it's completed.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is the paint a factory color? if not look into alsocorp.com hothues.com houseofkolor.com etc....and if you dont know how to prep/paint, you might be in over your head because shifting colors arent the easiest thing to start with...or even prep work...

Quick Reply: Kinda strange paint job project -