Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

08 Vette "copper metallic" 2 paint codes??

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 10:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Vette "copper metallic" 2 paint codes??

hey guys, I am not real familiar with the paint names (NOT a paint guy), and here is the deal. I have a customer that is a HUGE University of Texas (Longhorns) fan, and he wants stripes down his car (it is a white Mustang). He sends me a picture of an 08 vette painted in the color he wants the stripes to be on his Mustang.
Well, my paint guy goes down to buy the paint, and they say there are 2 shades (paint codes) for this color on this Vette.
So, what i am trying to do is find 2 pictures of teh 2 colors, then send them to the guy that owns the Mustang and let him choose which one that he wants.

SO, do any of you guys have pictures of this color WITH the paint code?

This is the color he sent me (but no paint code) and teh paint store says there are 2 paint codes for this color????

Old 07-13-2009, 01:05 PM
FormerVendor

Does anyone know what the actual "name" of this color is?
Old 07-13-2009, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The two shades of orange are Atomic Orange and Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic.

The one you have pictured is the atomic orange pace car. Daytona Sunset is an older color that was replaced by atomic orange.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:42 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 6SSPEED
The two shades of orange are Atomic Orange and Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic.

The one you have pictured is the atomic orange pace car. Daytona Sunset is an older color that was replaced by atomic orange.

Ok, GREAT. Now, you are SURE that the color in that pic I posted is Atomic Orange? I am NOT doubting you (as I have NO idea), it is just that if my guy is painting this car, and it is NOT the right color...you know where I am going with that.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:46 PM
9 Second Club

I was going to say Atomic Orange. Here, compare to this Vette. this one IS Atomic Orange... The other orange has more of a red hue to it.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

WA 418P/83 is the paint code for Atomic Orange 08 corvette.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Is it two colors ? Cause some new
paint is duel stage paint that has a base as
one coat then another for top coat. Just FYI
Old 07-14-2009, 08:50 AM
FormerVendor

hey guys, thanks for teh info. Hey Slash....Webster , Tx huh? You know Pat over at PSI? I lived in Webster for a few years down there off of Egret bay and Nasa. In fact, I have a Dr. appointment this morning over there @ 10:00.
Anyways, thanks for teh pic. Gonna send it over to my customer and see what he says.

Thanks guys

Oh, 2 colors? I have NO idea. Not a paint guy (I contract that out). All I know is, I told my guy that we wanted that color, and then he tells me that there are 2 different colors that are REAL similar. So, will have to ask about that. Thanks
Old 07-14-2009, 01:55 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gen414
hey guys, thanks for teh info. Hey Slash....Webster , Tx huh? You know Pat over at PSI? I lived in Webster for a few years down there off of Egret bay and Nasa. In fact, I have a Dr. appointment this morning over there @ 10:00.
Anyways, thanks for teh pic. Gonna send it over to my customer and see what he says.

Lol, yeah, I know him. Also, I live off of Egret and Nasa. I live at The Falls at Clear Lake apartments, Formerly the Waterford or w/e.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Slash8915
Lol, yeah, I know him. Also, I live off of Egret and Nasa. I live at The Falls at Clear Lake apartments, Formerly the Waterford or w/e.

He went to High School with my younger brother, and I bought my first Mustang when I was out of state (I do not even think Pat had his drivers license it was that long ago) and i got my Brother and him to drive teh car to me (I had a Z28 that I was driving, and I told my brother I would GIVE it to him if he could deliver the Mustang to me, which of course he jumped all over)
Well, him and Pat drove my Mustang to me, Pat fell in love with it, and went out when he turned 16 and got one. We did some CRAZY things back then...if you ever talk to him, ask him about Fun Ford Georgia @ 1995.

I REALLY wanted to go that True Street event, and was on a mission. We had a chassis (the silver mustang that is actually on my home page of my website) but no motor. I had a motor in my DD. So, since I wanted to go so bad. We yanked my DD motor, put it in the silver Mustang. Ok, now we need a tow vehicle. Well, we came up with teh idea to use PAT'S MUSTANG to haul a tow dolly pulling the silver mustang!! yeah, we pulled another Mustang, on a tow dolly, behind Pat's Mustang during August, in teh south (can you say HOT!!) with 4 of us in Pat's Mustang (and a spare tranny and luggage, all in Pat's mustang ). Well, by the time we got back, Pat's coil springs were gone. Worn out. And all for one pass. (car broke on teh first qualifying pass )

Ask him about it some time, makes for a good story. Let's just say, it was Pat's first experience with Nitrous and we weren't spraying the car

Edit: I lived in Hidden Lake Apts back there.

Quick Reply: 08 Vette "copper metallic" 2 paint codes??