Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

1/4 install

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1/4 install

Most ppl say for a 1/4 panel install to set car on suspension, but wouldnt it be better to level the car and put on jackstands? Even on suspension the car can be uneven.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

doesnt really matter... if your just replacing the outer 1/4 your not going to loose structure of the car... and its better to be on suspension becuase thats the way you will get all your gaps correct becuase thats the way the car will sit when your done... sometimes when your on stands it will flex and your gaps may change after you lower back down...
Old 08-01-2009, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by transmaro93
doesnt really matter... if your just replacing the outer 1/4 your not going to loose structure of the car... and its better to be on suspension becuase thats the way you will get all your gaps correct becuase thats the way the car will sit when your done... sometimes when your on stands it will flex and your gaps may change after you lower back down...
true about the jackstands on these cars, they flex too much. I do my quarter panels either on my flat stall or my frame machine doesnt really matter where you do them. Just line up everything before you weld.