Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Misaligned nose pics and fixes please

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misaligned front end pics and fixes please

I have a severly misaligned nose, hood, headlights, and fender. Please post pics of misalignments and tell how you fixed them. Wrecks will help too.
Attached Thumbnails Misaligned nose pics and fixes please-002.jpg   Misaligned nose pics and fixes please-008-2.jpg   Misaligned nose pics and fixes please-007-2.jpg  

Last edited by 99 6 speed; 08-25-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like you may be able to re-align that part of the hood with a simple adjustment of the hood stop on the passenger side, just raise it up a little.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I had to loosen the bolt and light fit the hood numerous times before I got it, to where I believed it was best alined. Loose Fit everything first
Old 08-28-2009, 03:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blue's_Z28
It looks like you may be able to re-align that part of the hood with a simple adjustment of the hood stop on the passenger side, just raise it up a little.
Nope. It won't reach the bump stops. The hood sits on the air box and has bowed down on either end. Also the hood bows down from about the middle of the hood (windshield to nose direction). It is to high about mid fender and to low down at the headlights. The hood simply has to go! Cheap knock off was there when I bought the car. I;m just worried that isn't all thta is wrong in the right corner.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Teching In

It looks like the front right side has been hit. Whoever repaired it did not get the panel alignment correct for the fender, light, and bumper. However, There could be damage to the upper rail and core support that needs to be sorted out before they will fit properly.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Teching In

I had to replace the driver headlight motor and hornes adn while I was in there I did as much peering as possable and haven't seen any indication of severe damage. There is some work on the shock tower right behind the battery that looks like they filled and spray painted the dip that might be matching the opposite side and just some light crimps in the core support behind the headlight on the passanger side.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Teching In

If it was the entire corner would it be worth the cost/effort in replacing all of the parts including shock tower and all? I know it depends on my own oppinions, but would Y'ALL do it on a car you only had since Feb and really haven't worked much attachment to yet?
Old 09-07-2009, 02:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

replacing the shock tower is crazy talk. it would probably be good to make sure the front end measures out first then see if you can start adusting everything
Old 09-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Teching In

I would start with a known straight car, and start making some measurement. If not, you might be able to find some here or elsewhere on the net. Other options would be take it to a body shop, and have them look at it and give an estimate. They are usually trained and can give a good idea of what "may or might" need to be done. Would try to avoid replacing as much as possible.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Teching In

I took it to a local body shop and he basicly reset the K member (I think) to fix the alignment but with the rear axel misalignment he put it back so it tracked straight. He told me the K member and lower control arm was bent which leaves me wondering how he got it right. I am going to take it to get a second opinion as soon as possable. Then I will have an idea of what I am looking at there, but the first body shop didn't get into the right corner which is what I was wanting him to do.
As for the measurments, I don't know anybody around here that has one I can measure. I know there are alot of them, but I am never home and a few other issues in there to.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

looks to me like a experienced body man would be able to get that to line up properly with out replacing any parts. pull the bumper and headlight to get a good look at whats going on behind there. radiator supports can normally be moved around pretty easily with a port-a-power or the good ol hammer and 2x4. look as if your hood needs to be bowed a little. id straighten that car out for a couple hundred bucks here in GA. anyway try to find a body man lookin for a little side work. this is a win win situation for you and the body man. youll get off cheap and the body man can make a coulple c notes in a few hours.

Quick Reply: Misaligned nose pics and fixes please