Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Flex Agent

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flex Agent

I have had my bumper painted a few times since owning the car. I live in a mountain area, a lot of un level roads, so the bumper scrapes and forces it to flex winding up in spider cracks. Any suggestion on a good flex agent? Also I used PPG products on the bumper.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

Smile

Originally Posted by kcsov6
I have had my bumper painted a few times since owning the car. I live in a mountain area, a lot of un level roads, so the bumper scrapes and forces it to flex winding up in spider cracks. Any suggestion on a good flex agent? Also I used PPG products on the bumper.
flex agent wont help with rock chips.if bumper has been painted a few times it is thick and will chip and crack when it flexes.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:34 AM
On The Tree

It's been sanded down everytime it was repainted to CLOSE to the plastic, was afraid to sand all the way to the plastic bumper, so the paint shouldn't be too thick. I didn't mention rocks hitting it? I mentioned scraping stuff because when it forces down to scrape it makes the bumper flex resulting in the stress cracks, which is what I'm told by every paint company around here they're various flex agents are for?
Old 09-22-2009, 03:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by kcsov6
It's been sanded down everytime it was repainted to CLOSE to the plastic, was afraid to sand all the way to the plastic bumper, so the paint shouldn't be too thick. I didn't mention rocks hitting it? I mentioned scraping stuff because when it forces down to scrape it makes the bumper flex resulting in the stress cracks, which is what I'm told by every paint company around here they're various flex agents are for?
most flex agents are for install of painted and disapate over time.this is per dupont and ppg.once paint/under coats are cured if they flex enough they will crack/shatter.not saying flex wont help you but its real hard to keep paint from cracking when parts flex alot.

Quick Reply: Flex Agent