Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

superhawk hoods back?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 02:27 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I may bite the bullet and buy one to help clear my intake setup if the $50 extra black hood I bought won't quite do it.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:56 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Maybe their mold of the Superhawk hood isn't good, hence why it might not be as good as some of their other hoods. The finished product is only as good as the starting mold.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand you want a Superhawk hood...but PLEASE do not buy this hood from hoods4less.
This is a company that makes their products off other companies products - instead of making their own molds - when a company does this, you get waves, fitting issues and other imperfections with the hoods..
This is a company that is well-known to us in the racing business...always changing their name when they get too many complaints. They are not even allowed to do business under their original name of Cincinatti Composits...because their hoods were flying off customers cars and causing damage.

Here are some examples of their "quality" work in two threads...
here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...-familier.html

and here:

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273968

I would recommend contacting Roger at US Exotics...if you need a way to contact him, please pm me and I'll send you along his information.
He makes a great product and always stands behind it...which is much more then what you'll get from this company.

Although Roger's hoods are much more expensive...IMO it is better to pay for a quality piece and have it done right...then spend little on a piece that you'll spend tons of money in repairs/body work and may end up replacing it after a little use.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vfntech
I would recommend contacting Roger at US Exotics...if you need a way to contact him, please pm me and I'll send you along his information.
He makes a great product and always stands behind it...which is much more then what you'll get from this company.

Although Roger's hoods are much more expensive...IMO it is better to pay for a quality piece and have it done right...then spend little on a piece that you'll spend tons of money in repairs/body work and may end up replacing it after a little use.
So Roger is actually delivering hoods now? Here recently there have been several members post about still not having their hoods from Roger up to as long as 6 months after ordering. I'd love to have one of his hoods but no way I'm waiting half a year after payment with non-consistant communication for a hood. He has been flakey IMO here recently.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:20 AM
FormerVendor

I know about the problems he was having with getting the hoods out...I've read about them here on the board, and have been contacted by his customers as well.

But on that note, recently, I have been hearing about customers receiving their products - quite a few now at this point. So I believe he is trying to get caught up with the customers he fell behind on.

My suggestion is perhaps contacting him to see if he will be selling these hoods and realistically what type of time frame he will have. Ask him for an honest answer...maybe it's something you'll have to wait a month or two to even order - until he is caught up...but the time spent waiting is better then time and money spent trying to fix this other hood and getting it to work well for you.

And better to wait if Roger will be selling these hoods again...since many people on the Corral forums have had their hoods fly up on them - which is a major safety issue.

I have not talked to Roger recently...and I know it looks bad here because he fell behind on both his orders and with communicating to his customers...but it could have been just as easy for him to take everyone's money and run...instead, he is working on getting everyone's products out...so to me...it shows that maybe he is trying to make things right.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

oh I'm not sayin he isnt getting product out finally. But at the same time it hurts a buyers confidence when you have a hard time contacting the seller, keep getting excuses & it takes half a year or longer to recieve the product.

I wont knock his work. I love his hoods & have always heard of great fitment. But I'll hold my money till he proves he is back on track, running smoothly & delivering on time or at least close to on time.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:07 PM
FormerVendor

I understand that entirely.
And can't say that I can blame you either.

Just trying to make a point about buying from hoods4less...because it won't be worth the headache.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:39 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I tried emailing Roger a couple times because I am interested in a Superhawk hood, and live close enough to come and pick it up and have him help test fit it, but I have not heard anything from him.
I keep going back and forth with picking up a WS9 outlaw from VFN, but ultimately, it would be me settling because I really want a Superhawk. I know that as soon as I buy a ws9 outlaw, and have it painted, Roger will be back in business and have the Superhawks available to purchase.
If you have a # I could call him, it would be greatly appreciated. Hell, I've waited 9 years to decide on a hood, what's another 3-6 months.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:32 PM
FormerVendor

LOL!
That would be my luck too...if I had my eye on something. That's the way it always works out for me
If you have your heart set on the Superhawk...I say go for it - if you've waited this long...a few extra months when you waited this long won't make that much of a difference.

...I'll dig up his number and pm it to you later today.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by vfntech
I understand you want a Superhawk hood...but PLEASE do not buy this hood from hoods4less.
This is a company that makes their products off other companies products - instead of making their own molds - when a company does this, you get waves, fitting issues and other imperfections with the hoods..
This is a company that is well-known to us in the racing business...always changing their name when they get too many complaints. They are not even allowed to do business under their original name of Cincinatti Composits...because their hoods were flying off customers cars and causing damage.

Here are some examples of their "quality" work in two threads...
here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...-familier.html

and here:

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273968

Is Roger making the original Superhawk or the new Superhawk? The one on Ebay looks like the original and is the only style I would consider over the Raptor hood.

Thanks
Old 11-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Banned

well, i'm still in afghanistan right now so i haven't bought one... i don't come home on leave til feb, so i was gonna wait til i got a little closer to then to decide whether or not i get it.

this is the exactly the type of feedback i've been looking for. i know you get what you pay for, and i've always loved the superhawk hoods over any other. it seemed like when i got the money for one of rogers hoods, he just disappeared. now it seems like i can't ever find one before it's gone. haha.

i'm stuck in this **** hole for another 6 months... so maybe roger will be back in business by then.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Resident

Also they will only open up the Inlet ducts, they will not open the heat extractors, nor do they provide screens for them if you were to choose to....
Old 01-05-2010, 04:30 AM
TECH Addict

isn't roger the guy who took like 2 years to send out hoods people paid for?

edit: yeah same guy https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...s-exotics.html
Old 01-05-2010, 05:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XxXTransAmXxX
Also they will only open up the Inlet ducts, they will not open the heat extractors, nor do they provide screens for them if you were to choose to....
actually, yes, they can open them for you. and they can also screen whatever you ask them to. but there will be extra fees added, not much $ though. have you actually spoken with them? or are you just going off their listing? because they don't list everything clearly in their auctions. if you cal them up, they are very easy to work with, and readily available when you need to contact them. more than what can be said about some people
Old 01-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Launching!

I bought a legit superhawk hood from Roger (took about 6 months to get) but it was worth the wait. I would be dipped in **** before i bought one of those crap *** hoods from that company. My buddy bought one and not only did it fit like crap (3/4" side gaps) but the hood hits the lid and he shut it one day and cracked the pile of **** hood!! Also the rivets pulled out for the hood catch and the hood almost flew off!! Hes lucky his dad is great at body work, Cuz he wouldve had to pay someone many times over what that hood cost to make it look anywhere as good as it does now. They had to extend the edges of the hood, sides and front to fill in the monster gaps. His hood was the SS camaro knock off. I have heard the process in which they do these hoods is all wrong apparently they lay the sheets of fiberglass material in too thick at a time causing the hood to not be straight and to have air pockets in it making it weak. Take it for whatever its worth, But I've seen with my own two eyes what a pile of crap those hoods are. Sure people will defend them and say they look great, I wouldnt want to admit I spent money on something that I wouldnt use as a sled
Old 01-05-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Veteran

can i just start by saying, i have NO body work experience. i did not install my hoods, i let the pros do my bodywork. i've had the same shop do all of the work on my cars, and they have given great results everytime. for my camaro hood, he told me he had to trim a small amount off the hood at the tips, wher it met the windshield (it ran a LITTLE bit too far) and he said it came with bolts that were too short (he easily got replacements, no problem). he said he had no problems with the T/A hood. like i said, i leave the body work to the pros who know what they're doing. im not gonna try to do something i have no experience with, and then get mad at someone else for screwing it up.

Originally Posted by formula17
I bought a legit superhawk hood from Roger (took about 6 months to get) but it was worth the wait. I would be dipped in **** before i bought one of those crap *** hoods from that company. My buddy bought one and not only did it fit like crap (3/4" side gaps) but the hood hits the lid and he shut it one day and cracked the pile of **** hood!! Also the rivets pulled out for the hood catch and the hood almost flew off!!
congrats on the hood! after 6 months of waiting, i hope it was worth the wait. i'd lose my head if someone had that much money of mine for that long.

that sucks about your friends hood. not sure about his set up, but i know that some hoods are not compatible with certain air lids, and that is a known issue. so that may have been part of the problem from the beginning. 3/4" gaps, DAMN thats huge. both sides? how does it line up with bumper? just out of curiosity, if he knew the hood hit the lid, why continue repeating something that doesn't work, and why shut it so hard that you could break the hood. doesn't sound smart. being that he was continually trying to shut a hood that did not fit with the lid, anyone should be able to assume that that is putting extra stress on the hood catch, which is why he had a problem with the rivits coming loose. not to mention the stress on the hood at the point where it was contacting the lid.

if i've said anything a logical person couldn't come up with, please let me know. other than the gaps, the rest of the problems all stem from 1 problem, the hood/air lid combo just didnt work together

so did the hood almost fly off first, or did he crack it first? if the hood was already cracked, why keep using it?

Hes lucky his dad is great at body work, Cuz he wouldve had to pay someone many times over what that hood cost to make it look anywhere as good as it does now. They had to extend the edges of the hood, sides and front to fill in the monster gaps. His hood was the SS camaro knock off.
did he actually buy from the EXACT company in question, hoods4sale? or did he just buy from some other random seller, and you are on here giving this company an undeserved bad rap? if he did, did he read this from their listings:

"*** PLEASE - If there is a problem with your purchase from us, Please give us the opportunity to make it right for you. Behaviors such and negative/neutral feedback is completely unnecessary. We like to always deal with our customers professionally and we ask that our customers extend us the same courtesy."

i have personally dealt with them twice and got nothing but great service, and if he had he had the issues with the hood that he had, why didnt he send it back or come to some agreement with the seller. anyone who gets a hood in the condition you say, from a seller with a 99% positive feedback rating on 3358 transactions, would be pretty dumb to just accept it. which is why i dont think you are talking about the same seller.

Take it for whatever its worth, But I've seen with my own two eyes what a pile of crap those hoods are.
i've seen with my 2 eyes, how gorgeous my hoods are and i get NOTHING but compliments on mine.

Sure people will defend them and say they look great, I wouldnt want to admit I spent money on something that I wouldnt use as a sled
damn right i'll defend them and say my hoods look great.... because they do.

honestly, it sounds like your friend does not know how to handle his business. if i got that hood, you can be damn sure i wouldnt have even tried to make it work, i would have sent that back and got my money back. i honestly think that he DID NOT get his hood from the seller in question, and that you are just speaking negatively of ebay hoods as a whole, all though there are many, many sellers of f-body hoods on ebay, who are all individual businesses.

PLEASE READ WHAT I AM SAYING, I AM IN NO WAY SPEAKING NEGATIVE OF ANY HOOD SELLERS. and i am in NO WAY trying to promote any business for ANY seller. i could care less. i just hate hearing BS posts making very general assumptions, with little facts/evidence backing them. all i am doing is speaking of MY OWN experiences, and trying to help clear the air of any polluted views.

Last edited by crimson_bird; 01-05-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:15 AM
Launching!

Na it was the EXACT same company. He did contact them about the fitment and was told they require some "adjustment" He just chalked it up as "you get what you pay for" I will speak bad of that company and any other company that rips off legit companies designs, ALL DAY LONG. People these days don't care where the hood comes from or who got fucked in the process, as long as they get their "great deal". Me personally, owning a business, have seen this type of knock off crap all day long and people need to wake up and realize it's not all about the deal you get. What about the guy who designed the hood puts all the hours in and has the talent to design the hood and spends money to make the molds, Then these THIEVES come along and just copy his design???Then people have the nerve to defend this crap?? WAKE UP!!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Na it was the EXACT same company. He did contact them about the fitment and was told they require some "adjustment" He just chalked it up as "you get what you pay for"
well, thats HIS fault then. who would just chaulk that up as, i got what i payed for? thats dumb. especially when what you're saying is that it did not just need adjusting. if you want to just accept what you've been given, even though its crap, THAT IS YOUR FAULT. theres a reason they have no bad feedback on hood fitment quality. only positive... tell him next time not to be so complacent.

I will speak bad of that company and any other company that rips off legit companies designs, ALL DAY LONG. People these days don't care where the hood comes from or who got fucked in the process, as long as they get their "great deal".
i MAY be wrong, but the only company that seems to be getting "fucked in the process" is GM. do you think they're happy that all these companies are selling knock-offs of their hoods, that THEY DESIGNED, PRDOCUCED, AND SELL. stupid. how are you gonna complain about one "thieve" stilling from another "thieve".

What about the guy who designed the hood puts all the hours in and has the talent to design the hood and spends money to make the molds, Then these THIEVES come along and just copy his design???Then people have the nerve to defend this crap?? WAKE UP!!
like i said before, GM designed them, and i could care less about anyone else who copied their designs feeling bad

the same way you feel about getting the hood with the "great deal", is the same EXACT way many, many people feel about even the higher priced aftermarkets. many will only go for genuine GM products. and once again, i'm not knocking anybody who chooses to buy whatever they buy. get what you want. same thing as rims for example, some will only buy OEM corvette rims, some are okay with aftermarkets. as long as you're happy with what you got, good for you.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Launching!

Agree to Disagree. Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics....Even if you win you are still retarded
Old 01-06-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Veteran

agreed

Quick Reply: superhawk hoods back?