Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

My car got keyed!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car got keyed!

Well i get to school at around 6:30 a.m. every morning and the parking lot is completely empty. I park next to a dirt planter that prevents cars from parking on my driver side. I do this so i wont get a bunch of door dents and what not. Any how since they are doing construction, people have been walking through that dirt planter and when i got out of class at about 1 p.m., i noticed a huge key mark on my driver side door. ( i do not have any enemies of any sort, i don't drive like a maniac, and know 1 was around at the time i parked my vehicle) i strongly believe that it was done out of pure spite. Any how i was wondering if any one have every used one of those dupli-color markers and what was the result or does the dealer sell some touch up paint. I am a college student with limited funds so getting the door completely painted is out of the question. Any imput is greatly appreciated. (99 camaro ss) navy blue
Old 10-15-2009, 08:29 PM
TECH Addict

i feel your pain.. mine got keyed, after it just got painted.. and i was wondering the same thing..
Old 10-15-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

bastards... i hate people sometimes.. never had it happen ..knock on wood.... i work at a dealership and we have a guy that comes in once a week and touches up cars. Sometimes you can get some one like him to touch it up for you. Most of these guys do it on the side for a little cheaper than a body shop.. just a thought. good luck with it
Old 10-18-2009, 01:16 AM
TECH Junkie

I know how it feels man. My car got keyed back in April (I actually think it was a beer bottle cap, and a knife). 6 scratches on my trunk/rear bumper about 2 ft long each. I'm still in school as well, and I'm not planning on getting it fixed till I graduate. Not worth fixing, just to have it happen again...

Also, yesterday I walked out to my car and it appears as though someone hit(punched?) my rear drivers side quarter panel and now theres dent about the size of a tennis ball. WTF. I hate living in a college town.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

dam that sucks. i was assuming you were in high school up until you said you were a college student. its sad that a college studend would do that.

the dupli-color paint pens actually do work pretty good. though i was using it for black, which probably blends better than other colors. i would highly recommend getting one in the closest color you can find. it only costs like $6 and it will definitely make it look better than it does now, and it wont make it look any worse. if you still arent happy, then you move to more effective, (and costly) measures. but this should should at least hold you over till you save up some money for a professional job
Old 10-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Teching In

to people who are hatersssss!!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

dont use touch up paint, it looks worse than the actual scratch. either get someone to do paint correction to make the scratch less noticable or get it painted and blended. just my .02
Old 10-22-2009, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

x2 on trying to get it paint corrected. Makes it less noticeable, then when you go to get it actually fixed right, there's less they have to do
Old 10-24-2009, 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harbs SS
Well i get to school at around 6:30 a.m. every morning and the parking lot is completely empty. I park next to a dirt planter that prevents cars from parking on my driver side. I do this so i wont get a bunch of door dents and what not. Any how since they are doing construction, people have been walking through that dirt planter and when i got out of class at about 1 p.m., i noticed a huge key mark on my driver side door. ( i do not have any enemies of any sort, i don't drive like a maniac, and know 1 was around at the time i parked my vehicle) i strongly believe that it was done out of pure spite. Any how i was wondering if any one have every used one of those dupli-color markers and what was the result or does the dealer sell some touch up paint. I am a college student with limited funds so getting the door completely painted is out of the question. Any imput is greatly appreciated. (99 camaro ss) navy blue
touch up paint and then keep an eye on classified adds for a new door i am buying a new door for $100 so you never know you could find a blue one

Quick Reply: My car got keyed!