Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

DIY Paint Job Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol, let me chime in a second here.

How exactly are you shaving the antenna hole? Ive seen alot of hack jobs and had to correct far too many.

Also when most people start out painting its something thats a piece of ****, or atleast a sheet of metal, not a nice car. Especially black. Replacing shocks is much less difficult than paint, you put the shocks in a hole and they bolt up a specific way. Painting takes practice and is very easy to **** up. If your gun isnt set up right itll turn out shitty, if you dont sand it well enough itll turn out shitty, if the temperature is wrong itll turn out shitty, if you dont use the right primer itll turn out shitty, if you dont paint in a certain pattern itll turn out shitty. Do you see what im saying?
Old 11-20-2009, 07:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me put my 2 cents back in. I agree with both sides of this argument. I also think both side may agree (or not) you should talk to Yoda's little bro. Give him the 550 the 200 extra will pay off, but see if he is willing to let you shadow him while he works. This is the best way to have your car look nice, learn, and gain a personal contact for the future. I know what it is like to want to do it all yourself, and thats why we are all involved on this hobby to begin with. Just a thought.

Quick Reply: DIY Paint Job Questions