Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

How badly is this frame bent? (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How badly is this frame bent? (pics)

I finally got the front end off my project convertible and can now see the extent of the damage. As you can see, it will definitely be going to the frame shop. Both frame rails are bent to the right. The left frame rail is also bent up. The right inner fender where the right fender attaches at the top is bent and crinkled.

When I bought the wreck, I fully expected to spend some money on the frame machine. Luckily, I got the whole car cheap enough to still come out ahead as long as I do everything else myself.

Do any of you guys who do frame or body work think this is terminal or repairable? This is a great car otherwise, and I would really hate to give up and part it out if it can't be straightened.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

That car is most certainly repairable. It probably will not take much to get it back. You may or may not end up replacing that upper outer rail.

The way these cars are built you could fart and it would knock the rails out of whack.

A good frame place should be able to pull it back without much of an issue.

Good luck, its the best color TA the made.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Opher
That car is most certainly repairable. It probably will not take much to get it back. You may or may not end up replacing that upper outer rail.

The way these cars are built you could fart and it would knock the rails out of whack.

A good frame place should be able to pull it back without much of an issue.

Good luck, its the best color TA the made.
Thanks, that's really good news. With the car being a 99 one-owner, garage kept, and 57k miles... I would really hate for it to go to waste.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

it is fixable, the upper and lower frame rails are bent down, but its more then just fixing the rails, the core support, lower apron is all welded to the lower frame rail and upper frame rail , so we would need to fix and square the whole front end, not just one side

yes fixable all day long

the shop i work for frame labor is at 90 an hour

Quick Reply: How badly is this frame bent? (pics)