Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

how to remove/install 2000 camaro fender?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to remove/install 2000 camaro fender?

Hello, was in the process of swapping the fender off my 2000 camaro ss, i got it all the way off except for the upper brack near the door. I got the the bolt out behind the mirror, but can't get the fender off the bracket. Please help!! Thanks
Old 02-28-2010, 07:40 PM
10 Second Club

Smile

Originally Posted by mnee1982
Hello, was in the process of swapping the fender off my 2000 camaro ss, i got it all the way off except for the upper brack near the door. I got the the bolt out behind the mirror, but can't get the fender off the bracket. Please help!! Thanks
did you remove the cowl piece and bolt under it?.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I didn't have to remove any of the cowling to remove my fender. There are bolts along the top edge of the fender holding it on there (open the hood, they are all right there), one behind the mirror, and one lower on the fender below the mirror that you can see with the door open. Then the two underneath the car, and three that hold the front edge to the bumper cover and the bracket.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:18 PM

yeah i got all those out. The bracket up by the mirror has a couple of what i thought were alan heads but they also look like rivots. i got the car wih a wrecked fender, thus the big hole in it.
Attached Thumbnails how to remove/install 2000 camaro fender?-c1.jpg   how to remove/install 2000 camaro fender?-c3.jpg  
Old 02-28-2010, 10:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The only piece that stays attached to the fender when you remove it is a metal bar that is riveted along the top of the fender. The pics are dark and hard to see (could you get some in the daylight tomorrow please) but that big T shaped metal bracket thingy shouldn't come off with it. Hard to see what's going on there, need more light. And take a pic a little further away too if you could.

If I remember, I'll take a look at mine and see if I can identify would I'm looking at in your pic on my car. Though it looks like it is something behind the fender so I may not be able to see it.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:48 AM

U just answered my question, the junkyard fender did have the rivoted brace on it,my thoughts were how to get that brace off and reuse it. i took the one bolt out and the fender came off. Thank you guys for your help....very much apprechiated!!

Quick Reply: how to remove/install 2000 camaro fender?