Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Color combo idea for a SS

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010 | 05:16 PM
Teching In

Default Color combo idea for a SS

I recently bought a 01 SS shell to fill in for my TA I totaled, but it has a terrible paint scheme on it. I am considering keeping the car white and do a dark blue met dual racing stripe running up the car and finishing on the rear bumper. I cant find any pictures of this scheme so it makes me excited but also a little weary of why not many have tried it. Just trying to go a little old school what do yall think?
Old 04-23-2010 | 05:46 PM
TECH Veteran

i think i'll look good. cant go wrong with NBM stripes on a white car. just because it hasn't been done, doesn't mean theres any thing wrong with it. i'll be painting my next car, and i'm sure nobodys ever seen an f-body done in a color like it, and its not even some crazy/out there color, just different than what you see on these cars.

90% of the f-body's you see around still either have stock paint jobs or have been repainted a stock color. and with stripes, most people stick to the basics, black, silver/charcoal, white, and red. and thats pretty much all you'll see on the different colored cars.

switch it up, stay different, and set yourself apart from the crowd!!!
Old 04-23-2010 | 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I say screw the NBM stripes and go with Hugger Orange, and depending on how far your going with it, white leather seats with orange inserts. Talk about sick. I WISH my car was white instead of NBM.
Old 04-23-2010 | 06:45 PM
Teching In

Wow that would be insane. I am planning on being different and I see a lot of LT1 camaros running around with the orange stripes. I really wish I could do my original idea but with the white it isnt possible. the plan was to do a ghost stripes with blue, but you can not do it on a white without the blue going from dark to baby blue.
Old 04-23-2010 | 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irmobaum1999ta
Wow that would be insane. I am planning on being different and I see a lot of LT1 camaros running around with the orange stripes. I really wish I could do my original idea but with the white it isnt possible. the plan was to do a ghost stripes with blue, but you can not do it on a white without the blue going from dark to baby blue.
You see alot of the 30th Anniversary Camaros running around? Cause I've only ever seen 2, period...
Old 04-24-2010 | 12:11 AM
12 Second Club

I think the blue would look good on it
Old 04-24-2010 | 12:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Smile

Originally Posted by squee
... white leather seats with orange inserts. Talk about sick. I WISH my car was white instead of NBM.
no orange seats inserts , but plain white looks good too! This is what I 'll be doing with atomic orange.

Old 04-24-2010 | 01:03 AM
TECH Veteran

white leather looks great. but i'd never do it unless it was a show/weekend car only. not something i'd have in a daily though
Old 04-25-2010 | 10:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by squee
You see alot of the 30th Anniversary Camaros running around? Cause I've only ever seen 2, period...
I don't think they are auctual 30th, but ive seen the color combo on 3 or 4 around my area. Looks really good but im going with the blue ill post pics when i get the car outa the booth

Quick Reply: Color combo idea for a SS