Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

What color to paint my engine bay?

Old 06-24-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What color to paint my engine bay?

Has anyone painted their engine bay on their f body satin black or gloss black if your car is not black? i searched and didnt see much. my car is nbm and needs a paint job but im not sure if i want to go nbm when its painted. so i figured if i painted the bay black it will match anything and whatever i polish or paint match to the car it will stand out alot more. anybody have any pics of something like this? or advice to satin or gloss as to what would look better.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just finished painting my engine bay satin black. I plan to have the car painted satin black as well and was doing the engine bay myself with a rattle-can to save some money. I wasn't extremely careful with masking off the fenders since they are about to be repainted anyway, so I am not sure if pics of mine would be helpful to you. But I frequently see cars at car shows with the engine bay done in either satin or flat black in contrast to the outside color. It is very common to do on older muscle cars. I think it looks good like that. And like you, I am also considering other colors and figured the satin black engine bay would work with anything.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dubga
I just finished painting my engine bay satin black. I plan to have the car painted satin black as well and was doing the engine bay myself with a rattle-can to save some money. I wasn't extremely careful with masking off the fenders since they are about to be repainted anyway, so I am not sure if pics of mine would be helpful to you. But I frequently see cars at car shows with the engine bay done in either satin or flat black in contrast to the outside color. It is very common to do on older muscle cars. I think it looks good like that. And like you, I am also considering other colors and figured the satin black engine bay would work with anything.
what he said my car is silver i found an oem ws6 hood that im going to be doing satin black as well call me crazy but i think the door jams would look good satin black aswell

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What color to paint my engine bay?