Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Dick Harrell / Sunoco Wide Body

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dick Harrell / Sunoco Wide Body

Hey there, has anyone done a wide body to their camaro, ie dick Harrell or sunoco style? I know McNord has done his custom but I have seen the rear quarters and front fenders for sale on eBay and from dynamic designs. Anyone know the quality of these? I want my car to be different than most camaro's. How the fitment is, and any problems with merging the rear quarters with the existing body panels? Pics would be awesome
Thanks!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

86 views, I would think someone would at least say "ooooh I wanna see too!" lol
Old 08-04-2010, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

It would be cool if GMMG offered that kit to us but I guess I'll keep dreaming.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

It was my understanding that kit was not nor will be mass produced, although don't understand why they would sell a **** load of them! $$$
Old 08-04-2010, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01Blk*SS*
Hey there, has anyone done a wide body to their camaro, ie dick Harrell or sunoco style? I know McNord has done his custom but I have seen the rear quarters and front fenders for sale on eBay and from dynamic designs. Anyone know the quality of these? I want my car to be different than most camaro's. How the fitment is, and any problems with merging the rear quarters with the existing body panels? Pics would be awesome
Thanks!
Thats what I started with to make mine. Quality is ok, but will need some work. Mine now looks very little like it did when I started. There were areas that were warped pretty badley that needed to be cut off & areas on the front fenders that were missing & needed to be built up. Also on the front fenders the trim is molded on so it you want to remove that you will have a lot of work ahead of you. As a kit its ok to start with but its not for the faint of heart.

Originally Posted by SHORTZ A KILLA
It was my understanding that kit was not nor will be mass produced, although don't understand why they would sell a **** load of them! $$$
You have to remember that for every 100 people interested in this there are only 25 that could afford this product & maybe 10 of thos 25 will actually order. Something like this & all the molds required to make this & do it right requires a lot of money & a lot of time. the cost will reflect all that R&D so it would be to expensive for a lot of the people interested. Not to say that something wouln't be available at some point but there are a lot of details that can't be overlooked & have a good quality product at a reasonable price (for all involved).
Old 08-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

McNord and I are getting there one part at a time... IF the bumpers sell well we can dump that money into making it but you're looking at four separate pieces therefore four separate molds for what amounts to ONE product and a pricey one at that.

I still have plans to talk McNord into it, we just have to finish 6LE by McNord body kit (front bumper, rear bumper and side skirts) first and we're close.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Please talk McNord into it! I think a true bolt on, no body work needed, kit would be great!
I would bet that the wide body kit would sell better than the McNord kit, no pun intended!
Maybe take that route sooner
thanks for all the info everyone!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:05 PM
TECH Addict

86 views, I would think someone would at least say "ooooh I wanna see too!" lol
Mcnord made his from some cheap fenders he found online

Originally Posted by armkneez8
It would be cool if GMMG offered that kit to us but I guess I'll keep dreaming.
I personally know of a car being built right now that has the REAL DEAL GMMG widebody on it. Came straight from GMMG. Not saying how it was obtained, but it is 100% the real deal. I'm not so sure that Matt Murphy even has knowledge of this. But someone that used to be there let one kit leave! A pretty penny too...

....that's all I got to say....about that.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
McNord and I are getting there one part at a time... IF the bumpers sell well we can dump that money into making it but you're looking at four separate pieces therefore four separate molds for what amounts to ONE product and a pricey one at that.

I still have plans to talk McNord into it, we just have to finish 6LE by McNord body kit (front bumper, rear bumper and side skirts) first and we're close.
Hmm...So would this kit be just a combo of your DH bumper, rear cme bumper and side skirts or is this something completely different.

Also, are you still making or taking orders for targa tops?
Old 08-05-2010, 03:16 AM
Banned

Please talk McNord into it! I think a true bolt on, no body work needed, kit would be great!
I would bet that the wide body kit would sell better than the McNord kit, no pun intended!
Maybe take that route sooner
thanks for all the info everyone!
The "McNord Kit" we're making would be Phase 1 of the wide body. You would need it for the wide body to look good... Front and rear bumper and side skirts. Then you would by the fenders to compliment them but the fenders would look weird alone...
Old 08-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Launching!

If you guys sold a widebody kit, that's something I'd save up for to put on my car.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
The "McNord Kit" we're making would be Phase 1 of the wide body. You would need it for the wide body to look good... Front and rear bumper and side skirts. Then you would by the fenders to compliment them but the fenders would look weird alone...
Is there anyway to make just the wide body front/rear fenders? Isnt that what the Dick Harrel cars had with exception to the front bumper which had the chin spoiler. I understand you making the whole McNord body kit, but what if people dont like the rear bumper and side skirts?
Old 08-07-2010, 06:33 AM
Launching!

My wide project has been sitting on ice the last 6 months but things are about to take off. The M9 rear end and the Magnum T56 are in......just waiting on the LSX 427 to ship next week. Then we'll put it all together to check for fitment........then disassemble and paint. Hoping for June 2011 completion. Most of the body kit is ready.....just got to fab up a new hood.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WipFbody
My wide project has been sitting on ice the last 6 months but things are about to take off. The M9 rear end and the Magnum T56 are in......just waiting on the LSX 427 to ship next week. Then we'll put it all together to check for fitment........then disassemble and paint. Hoping for June 2011 completion. Most of the body kit is ready.....just got to fab up a new hood.

Sounds like a nice project! You have any pictures. Also what wide body kit are you using?
Old 08-07-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Is there anyway to make just the wide body front/rear fenders? Isnt that what the Dick Harrel cars had with exception to the front bumper which had the chin spoiler. I understand you making the whole McNord body kit, but what if people dont like the rear bumper and side skirts?
I believe the rear bumper is the one that has the CME built into it (which I'm pretty sure the Dick Harrell cars had), and the side skirts just make the front and rear bumpers flow with the rest of the car (a little more edge vs stock rounded rockers, I think).

Correct me on this Mark if I'm wrong.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Banned

Wide fenders and quarters will be able to be bought separately...
Old 08-08-2010, 05:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Found this, thought id share it with you guys.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...:1&um=1&itbs=1
Old 08-08-2010, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

Those people have been out of business a long time now.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Launching!

Sounds like a nice project! You have any pictures. Also what wide body kit are you using?

Old 08-09-2010, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

@ WipFbody, you car looks really nice! Is it the first convertible wide body? Its going to be soo badass! What did you have to purchase, as far as body panels, for it? Are they ebay panels?
thanks!

Quick Reply: Dick Harrell / Sunoco Wide Body