Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Painting my 99 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting my 99 Z28

so i just recently bought a 99 z28 wit 101k miles on it for 4500.rite now i just wanna get it painted,then after i save sum money i will get new rims and tires,new emblems,and all that good stuff.the owner i got it from had it sittin up in his shop for months while he was working on it.its black rite now and the previous owners didnt take care of the paint.i was thinkin about goin with silver,not exactly sure wat shade of silver so i was wondering do u guys recommend,which brand of paint and clearcoat should i get?
Old 09-02-2010, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

It all depends on what your budget is and what quality of paint that you want and what shape the body is in. You are going to want to seal or prime the car with a lighter color or you are going to play hell trying to cover up the black with the silver.

There are plenty of great brands of paint out there, I personally shoot mainly Dupont's Durachrome which is their top of the line, but you pay for it. Dupont also has a lower level paint called Nasson which I have shot with great results as well. Both Dupont and PPG have a great product. If your budget is on the lower end then Duplicolor has some very inexpensive basecoat not needing reducer I have shot for people as well and clear that does not require hardner. It's no where near the quality of Dupont or PPG but if your budget is tight it's an option and looks nice properly laid down.

It all really depends on what your budget is and the quality you are willing to pay for.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Staging Lane

im willing to pay for top of the line quality paint.the body of my car is in very very good condition.theres 2 very very small dents on the rear fender on both the passenger and driver side but thats it.my brothers and i have all taken autobody classes before so we gonna prep the car ourselves.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by g_carline
im willing to pay for top of the line quality paint.the body of my car is in very very good condition.theres 2 very very small dents on the rear fender on both the passenger and driver side but thats it.my brothers and i have all taken autobody classes before so we gonna prep the car ourselves.
I was quoted 1000 to have my front bumper and the ground effects on there painted.

That is prep and paint.

Quick Reply: Painting my 99 Z28