Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Painted my car!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not bad for a newb. i give you a lot of props for going out and doing it on your own. i would never have painted it with the bumpers on or headlights in but every painters different. good work. i bet you learned a hella lot
Old 10-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Fast_94_Z
not bad for a newb. i give you a lot of props for going out and doing it on your own. i would never have painted it with the bumpers on or headlights in but every painters different. good work. i bet you learned a hella lot
yeah, i'll be getting a kinda rough newer body style 2wd dodge dakatoa( 02ish?) in a few weeks for a work truck.. thinking about painting that to see what we can work on
Old 10-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Teching In

the only thing i really need to work on with spraying is getting 0 orange peel. i see pics of peoples painted stuff that has NO orange peel at all without even sanding. i guess i just need to spray my final coat real thick or something if anyones got any tips
Old 10-11-2010, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

the best learning is through practice. remember that. ill be glad to pass on knowledge now that im back on the boards. ive been away too long
Old 10-19-2010, 03:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by notoriousdoa
the only thing i really need to work on with spraying is getting 0 orange peel. i see pics of peoples painted stuff that has NO orange peel at all without even sanding. i guess i just need to spray my final coat real thick or something if anyones got any tips

smaller tip, more reducer in the paint, higher pressure, and smooth light coats.

heavy coats = orange peel

depending on the paint you also can sand the color down before you spray clear to get rid of any imperfections and remove all orange peel. some paints you cannot do that with though as it ruins the bonding between clear and color coat.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

looks great...I love the garage paint jobs
Old 10-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Staging Lane

Looks good! I'd say the hardest part of doing a paint job w/o a professional booth is over spray... Seems to get everywhere, especially the flat places such as the roof. Looks like it turned out great though.

Quick Reply: Painted my car!