Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

sherwin williams vs Dupont

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question sherwin williams vs Dupont

Looking at two body shops to get my car painted but one body shop uses sherwin williams and the other uses Dupont (both shops equally impressive when it comes to body work) any advice on which one I should go with ???
Old 10-17-2010, 12:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am having mine painted next week at a shop that uses sherwin williams. I am not too sure what brand is superior, I would say both have good paint just depends on who has the best paint that brand has to offer.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dupont is superior paint, especially compared to sherwin williams. SW may or may not have gotten better, but Dupont is still very good.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i use sherwin williams at the shop i work at right now, and it has impressed me a hard core ppg user, the base coat is mixed 1;1, all the tints are thick just like ppg, they have a bottom end product line and a top tier line we use both

we use the lower end primer etch prime and sealer, and holy **** the primer is amazing!! again impressed me allot it fills, and it has a uilt in "guide coat" which i like allot, it is easy to sand, sprays real nice, i love it!!

the base coat unlike many other base coats is good once sprayed for 7days!!! you dont have to sand it, not supposed to sand it, its pre flexed the mettalics lay out so flat and smooth again im impressed

the clear we are using is the lower end clear, but it sprays so nice, it lays out thick but its a thinner solvent based product, i havent talked to the rep about the clear to get more info but i will say the trans am i painted i put on 2 coats sanded the clear flat and i had no burning didnt go through the clear and it shines better then ppg clear

overall im impressed very impressed
Old 10-18-2010, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

thanks guys appreciate the input

Quick Reply: sherwin williams vs Dupont