20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Should I Fix It???

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 05:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Should I Fix It???

A few months ago I got into an accident with my camaro. I got T-boned and hit in the front. As you can tell in the pic's below the camaro has seen better days . It's a 2000 Z28 M6 with 98k and it drives perfectly fine. In your honest opinion do you think its worth it to fix it?
Attached Thumbnails Should I Fix It???-blazer-camaro-001.jpg   Should I Fix It???-blazer-camaro-002.jpg   Should I Fix It???-blazer-camaro-004.jpg   Should I Fix It???-blazer-camaro-005.jpg   Should I Fix It???-blazer-camaro-006.jpg  

Should I Fix It???-blazer-camaro-008.jpg   Should I Fix It???-blazer-camaro-009.jpg   Should I Fix It???-blazer-camaro-010.jpg   Should I Fix It???-blazer-camaro-011.jpg   Should I Fix It???-blazer-camaro-012.jpg  

Old 01-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Teching In

No, fixing that is a waste of time and money. What do you want for it?...?
Old 01-01-2011, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They hit you. You should be getting insurance money? Regardless yes you should fix it. A new door, headlights, and bumper cover. All bolt on items and if you looked around hard enough you may be able to find some the same color as your car. The quarter panel doesnt look like replacement is 100% neccessary. A good body shop should be able to straighten it out and blend new paint without spraying the entire car. IMHO
Old 01-01-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SuperSport01
They hit you. You should be getting insurance money? Regardless yes you should fix it. A new door, headlights, and bumper cover. All bolt on items and if you looked around hard enough you may be able to find some the same color as your car. The quarter panel doesnt look like replacement is 100% neccessary. A good body shop should be able to straighten it out and blend new paint without spraying the entire car. IMHO
It's a long story. Insurance won't cover it
Old 01-01-2011, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

The only advice I can give from experience is if/when you get it fixed, try to at least get a door in the stock color. No one will notice if the fender had a different original color but a different color door will be noticeable even with a good repair job unless they take all of the hardware out before painting. My previous car (silver) had a repainted door (I didn't notice it before I bought it - long story) and the replacement door was red. Even though the took the door panel off, it still showed around the door hardware.

Too bad you're not in my area, I ended up buying a silver replacement door but sold the car. Now I have a silver door taking up space in my garage.

Oh, one other thing; supposedly silver is one of the hardest colors to match so make sure your body shop is a good one if you care about the final result.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Teching In

After you pay for all of the repairs, it may not be worth it, especially if it is coming out of your pocket. You might be better off parting it out if you can.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

If it's not paid for.... Dam that's a bad situation. Would park it and focus on making the guy who t-boned you pay.

If it's paid for.... Looks fixable. Unless you're bored with it, I would park it until you have the funds and a plan to fix it. Use it as an excuse to do afew upgrades. If that's not what you want to do, you'll have no issues selling it as is or parting it out.

My 2 cents...
Old 01-01-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by turbinesurgeon
If it's not paid for.... Dam that's a bad situation. Would park it and focus on making the guy who t-boned you pay.

If it's paid for.... Looks fixable. Unless you're bored with it, I would park it until you have the funds and a plan to fix it. Use it as an excuse to do afew upgrades. If that's not what you want to do, you'll have no issues selling it as is or parting it out.

My 2 cents...
Thats reassuring lol and yes its paid for.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:10 PM
TECH Junkie

I would fix it but would take and do like others said, but a little more back into it than what the base line would be just to fix it excatly how it was before the car got hit. If you have to, like what others said, park it and gather up parts or save up for them that way you would be assured that the car would be getting done right and that way your not having to skim out on money, then take it to some shop looking to earn a quick buck or you could do the work yourself as a learning experience IMHO.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:10 AM
On The Tree

It's worth fixing. The damage isn't that bad. If you don't want to mess with it, PM me your price....
Old 01-02-2011, 01:59 AM
On The Tree

def worth fixing thats an easy fix dont get rid of it over such a small repair, replace the door and ur good
Old 01-02-2011, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by btownws6
def worth fixing thats an easy fix dont get rid of it over such a small repair, replace the door and ur good
How about the quarter panel? I'm pretty sure it needs to be replaced, but I'm no body man expert.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ReApEr75
How about the quarter panel? I'm pretty sure it needs to be replaced, but I'm no body man expert.
Ive seen much worse on a 1/4 panel be repaired . A good body guy should be able to fix that no area no problem . I am amazing what the older guy at a friends shop can do with repairing metal and at the same time using as little filler as possible .

If you decide to sell though, you will NO problems at all . Thats a easy fix .
Old 01-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

i would definitely fix the car. just replacing the door, i am sure you can find one in that color. and as for the fender its not that bad a good body man can fix that no prob. my camaro is that same color and i found a couple of guys parting out cars that same color, its just gonna take some time be patient and all will be well...
Old 01-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It is worth fixing. Looks like it'll need a new front bumper and both fenders. Has the drivers side fender been replaced before? It looks like it has been. The quarter panel will be fixable.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheap Guy
My previous car (silver) had a repainted door (I didn't notice it before I bought it - long story) and the replacement door was red.
Haha, same here! I bought my silver Trans Am, and pulled the passenger door panel a month later to find red on the inside.

I would definitely fix that car, OP. Just get a whole new door, and have it painted inside and out for a clean repair.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MadIceV8
It is worth fixing. Looks like it'll need a new front bumper and both fenders. Has the drivers side fender been replaced before? It looks like it has been. The quarter panel will be fixable.
Not that I know if, is there a reason why you say that?
Old 01-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ReApEr75
Not that I know if, is there a reason why you say that?
The color looks to have quite a difference compared to the front clip. Unless the front clip could have been repainted before. Also there is a crack in the fender in front on the wheel (per the photo).
Old 01-04-2011, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MadIceV8
The color looks to have quite a difference compared to the front clip. Unless the front clip could have been repainted before. Also there is a crack in the fender in front on the wheel (per the photo).
The crack is from backing out of my driveway at an angle. Stupid i know but it happens. I was never told of it being repainted and there are no accidents on the vehicle when I bought it. So i'm not sure if it was ever repainted.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The quarter could go either way. Repair or replace. From what i can tell from pics.

Quick Reply: Should I Fix It???