Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Wanted: Info about flat paint jobs

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted: Info about flat paint jobs

Well, my Camaro's paint isnt that great. It looks like the PO sprayed it in a barn, there are small pieces of crap under the paint, not many but it just bugs the crap out of me after I spend 4 or 5 hours washing/waxing/cleaning it and it still has these blemishes.

After checking out the Chicago auto show and seeing the Mercedes section I think I might go for the flat, or at least flattER black (or white, silver, or...?) paint. I've always liked flat black and now that I have my leather interior, it should fit pretty well.

My questions are how much should I expect to pay? Is it the same as a regular one? Is this something I would be able to do myself? I am in auto classes at my local community college and am very ambitious, I wouldnt mind trying it before taking it somewhere if it's going to cost me an arm and a leg... I know you get what you pay for, but I'm hoping it's an easier technique or cheaper supplies. I have a small air compressor and a garage that I *might* be able to use.

Lots of questions here, I tried the search but didnt come up with too much. Also, if anyone has any pics of flat color LT1's I would be interested in seeing it. I found a thread with a flat silver chevy truck and it looked good, but I would be interested to see it on a Camaro. Thanks!!!