Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

My project

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job.. Can't wait to see your TA done...
Old 03-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Teching In

[IMG][/IMG]

Hoping to have to have the door hung along with the fender.Pictures are a little rough do to spraying the clear.

Ok,planned to use my 70 camaro wheels but when my car wouldn`t move an the rear end started hoping I knew something was seriously wrong.Come to find out my camaro wheels were on 15" so some how I was capable of putting a rim that small on.So what happened was the inside of the wheel was rubbing against my caliper an wouldn`t let the car move.My heart dropped thinking my rear end was toast,but now i`m looking for three 16" spare tires.lol

[IMG][/IMG]

Now it`s time to reinstall all the door wiring an find a spot in the door for the relays due to the high voltage kit.Then align the door.

Today will be a day to leave the heat off an open the garage door an work all day on her.65 degrees here today

[IMG][/IMG]

Ordered a dynomat kit today so won`t finish putting door together today.Also ordered from ws6 store new front marker light sockets an door regulator rivets due to me removing 2.I thought I needed to remove the regulator to change the door motor on driver`s side.What can I say....never changed a door motor on the car til then.At least I learned from my mistake an passenger door is perfect.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

looks good. where is dighton?

wanna paint my front bumper and cme valance? haha
Old 03-18-2011, 10:51 AM
Teching In

I`m from Dighton Massachusetts.Orignally from Rhode Island.

Ok finished running the positive wires through the firewall,snaked em through the radiator support to positive ground on driver`s side.Finished installing passenger headlight motor...which work great no more grinding noise thank god.Damn that took awhile to do,doesn't seem like much but it was time consuming,can`t wait til tomorrow when I test out passenger window,curious to see how fast the window goes up.I found the outside door upper sweep molding which I needed cause I broke a couple of clips removing the driver`s side,Instead of sending it out to be repaired I figured can`t hurt to buy new one`s,plus they will look better than the 11 year old one`s on the car now.Tomorrow I`d like to finish rest of wiring on driver`s side but probably won`t have time to finish sodering the wiring.I`d really like to finish the passenger marker light kit,just need to soder some wiring that's all.I just wanna finish all the wiring,kinda feels weird bringing parts from basement to install,car is moving along nicely.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bad *** man
Old 03-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Ok passenger door is all lined up,just waiting on some dynomat to be deliverd along with my new front marker light sockets.Installed computer,finsihed all the wiring on passenger door.Got a small crack in passenger door panel,gotta fix that also.Replaced driver`s door motor,next I gotta fix what I messed up on the regulator...just waiting on the rivet`s to arriver also.Getting closer by the day

Replaced front marker light`s an installed dynomat on passenger door.Didn`t get to work on the car to much had to much stuff to do today.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Love the color. Will look great when finished. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

Colour looks amazing and cant wait to see the final pics
Old 03-24-2011, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What rear wheels are those? My bud has those on his porsche.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Made a vapor barrier with two way tape holding it on,which it held on great.Did some cleaning up on the rear tail light wires...I`m on my 3rd roll of electrical tape so far lol.Finished running the positive wire under the dash an fed it into the drivers door kinda hard to spot the thicked red wire.Replaced all the bulb gaskets on the whole car.My son loves the t-tops.

Next up,tackle the driver`s door.In the picture you`ll see how the rivet hole that holds the window regulator got trashed cause of 3 rivets loosening up.So gotta fix that,finish wiring high voltage kit,dynomat the door an make a vapor barrier

Ok finished repairing driver`s door regulator which dosen`t look pretty but with plates on the front an inside of door,plus some some strong epoxy...don`t think it will come off.Repaired passenger door panel crack with the same epoxy plus some sheet rock joint tape.If your gonna repair that crack on the panel use some good epoxy,not some auto zone crap! Installed dynomat on driver`s doors,so doors are done.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How many sq feet of dynomat did you end up using for both doors?
Old 03-28-2011, 07:07 AM
Teching In

For the dynamat,I bought the door kit 10435.I left a 1 inch gap on the inside ends of the door,just so the door would be completely covered.The best price I could find was on ebay for 54.99 with free shipping.The name of the ebay seller is audiojamonline,also shipping was fast so not much waiting.......I hate waiting!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

wanna paint my front bumper? haha looks good so far man
Old 03-28-2011, 09:22 AM
Teching In

Just noticed your from Mass,were abouts?

Ok hope these pictures help some of you who are gonna install the driver`s side express kit.The kit works great.I have a picture of some of the tools,hope this helps.

Made the moisture an install along with the door panel.Didn`t secure it completely cause I will have to remove it to install door handle an lock but wanted to clean up car.Ok..time to dive in head first.My interior hasen`t been cleaned in over a year due to sitting,body work dust an messy in general,damn I got my work cut out for me.

Been busy giving the garage a good douching.Just messing around an took some photo`s.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Drivers side wet sanded an ready for paint.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Teching In

The other day it was beautiful out an finished wet sanding passenger side.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-25-2011, 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

looks good man keep it up. I'm from bolton, which is right off 495 and about 50 minutes west of boston
Old 04-25-2011, 07:54 AM
Teching In

I`m about 40 min from Boston.Whats wrong with your bumper cover?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Didn`t like the way I primed the passenger side first time.I used too small of a tip for priming an had some...kinda like mini pit holes,so i`m re-priming passenger side.On Easter day up at 8,started masking car,off to friends house at 9:30 for Easter breakfast,then my mother in laws for 11:30,then finally my parents house for 3:00 managed to get her all masked off ready for paint.The few hours I had in between the chaos got the hatch under hood an door jam all masked off.Got home around 7:30 an finished masking the outside of car.All i gotta do is clean an prime.Really hoping to have her completely sanded by mid week.I got a appt for a injection in my back in a couple of hours so i`ll see how i`m feeling an maybe prime it today.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

scuff on the lower driver side so it needs a repaint. I also have a cme valance that i need painted.

Quick Reply: My project